+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: St Mirren

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPetric View Post
    Also, given the talk regarding the level of investment from the new owners the St Mirren game is important for a couple of reasons

- Gives the new players another game to gel where if we win great, if we don’t it’s not the end of the world and back to the priority of the league.
    - if we do win (and to be honest I think we have a really decent chance) it’s a nice potential financial reward for the owners as we may well get a money spinning tie in the quarters.
    The draw and home replay a real possibility too. That’d give a small cash injection and an additional game for new players to play at Tannadice so wouldn’t be the worst outcome.

I see us winning 2-1.

At the end of the day I'd take a cup win over promotion, if you aren't in it you can't win it, get through this and get luck of the draw for a change then you are one game from Hampden

We have nothing to lose, feels good

Not sure I agree with that.

Promotion is ***** in order for us to get closer to the success Ogren wants.

I'll take both 😎

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    At the end of the day I'd take a cup win over promotion, if you aren't in it you can't win it, get through this and get luck of the draw for a change then you are one game from Hampden

We have nothing to lose, feels good
    Not for me, don't get me wrong the cup wins were some of the best days of my life but I'd take promotion.

Ca’canny guys. Getting built up to be torn down has been common place over the last few years. Another woeful gutless performance and it’s back to that familiar place with the horrific hangover effects. Approach with caution !

Good point

There will be ups and downs. But I like the squad on paper.

Lots of pressure on the players.

This will be a good measure of where the team now is under RN, maybe a little early with the new additions but nonetheless against STM.

One off game, no league pressure. The main things I want to see a change in are the attitude and mentality towards the game. Even if we go 1,2 down I want to see and feel that a wholesale capitulation is not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Not for me, don't get me wrong the cup wins were some of the best days of my life but I'd take promotion.
    Personally Cup is like a once in a generation event and logically have to prioritise a trophy over league position or even what league we are in.

That said promotion is massively important this season.

Also whilst we could beat st Mirren I don’t think we’d yet have enough or much chance at all to beat the ugly sisters, sheep or Killie

We are still a work in progress but this could be a useful guide

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Personally Cup is like a once in a generation event and logically have to prioritise a trophy over league position or even what league we are in.
    I agree with this.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)