+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: St Mirren

We will get promoted eventually but we might never win the cup again so if it was between the 2, cup everytime.

St Mirren have a big game tonight vs Motherwell, hopefully we’ll be going into Saturday much fresher.

Our chances of lifting the cup are slim to none. Like others have said, let's not get carried away with one period of 45 mins where we looked like a good side. Still a lot of work to be done with this squad before we're ready to mix with the SPFL top 6 again.

However, I do think a win against St Mirren and perhaps a favourable draw (and win) in the next round would do wonders for morale. It could be the thing that finally awakens the DUFC sleeping giant.

Promotion over Cup.
    Got to be.
    It is crucial we are promoted to the Premier this season.
    It is not crucial to win our 3rd Scottish Cup.
    If we get back in the Prem & get back in the top six then we will have chances of Scottish Cup success in the future.
    Being in our third season in the 2nd tier we're not going to be beating current top six Prem teams in the Cup this season as per LSArab's thoughts in post # 19.

I would love if we could get to a final this season, but if that is at the expense of getting up, then i dont want a cup run. There i also the likelihood of replays and displaced games creating a situation like last season where we play twice a week for too long!

However, i think we will bring St Mirren back to Tannadice, after that, i dont care what happens!

Personally, I couldn’t really care if we win or lose on Saturday. It’s much more important we get as many players up to speed for the league push as possible. We’ve got a very difficult game next week in Dumfries. Let’s be honest here, there’s absolutely no way we’re winning the cup this season.
    I’d leave Safranko, Booth and Cammy Smith at home. They’re the only boys in our squad not short of game time. I’d start Sow and Clark as a front 2 and get as much football into as many of the new signings as possible. Regardless of the score I’d bring on Fyvie and Gomis at some point, too. I know Fyvie’s been poor but he needs minutes. He's still a quality player. Just needs to find his form.

Siegrist
    Seaman Connolly Reynolds Robson
    Nesbit Harkes Butcher Pawlett
    Clark Sow

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Promotion over Cup.
    Got to be.
    It is crucial we are promoted to the Premier this season.
    It is not crucial to win our 3rd Scottish Cup.
    If we get back in the Prem & get back in the top six then we will have chances of Scottish Cup success in the future.
    Being in our third season in the 2nd tier we're not going to be beating current top six Prem teams in the Cup this season as per LSArab's thoughts in post # 19.
    100% this.

Can't believe anyone would want to win the Scottish Cup over playing 5hite teams in a 5hite league for any more seasons than we have to.

Don't think anyone thinks we are going to win the cup, however I also don't think we will win the league this year either, think if we get promoted this term it will be via play offs, but reckon we will definitely get promoted next season if we don't this time as we all be able to hit the ground running with a competent manager and team

The Scottish Cup is the holy grail for our club though and it will always be worth more than anything else for me, while I don't think we will win it, IF we got by St Mirren we are one game from Hampden and the draw could open up, you just never know, 2010 was amazing as we got success in league and won the cup, some team

And yes cup or promotion this season, then cup, not even a contest, bizarre that anyone would not choose Cup lol

I would like a good cup run. But it's promotion for me every time. That is the key to realising our future potential.

I'm hearing the are only a few hundred tickets left for our end, Over 1000 sold!

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...ST-MIRREN.html
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 06-02-2019 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Adding info.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Don't think anyone thinks we are going to win the cup, however I also don't think we will win the league this year either
    If we go on a good, consistent run of wins (5/6 in a row) starting next week, Ross County and Ayr will begin to seriously feel the pressure. I'm not convinced by either of them. With the signings we've made, we have the ability to run right over teams in this league if we get on a roll. That may well put the shytes up them. I'm not ruling out us winning this league now.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)