+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: St Mirren

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Absolute disgrace!

Also, with Butch getting a straight red, surely the photographic evidence (showing the St Mirren player's boot was higher than Butch's and almost took his head off) of the red card incident should have led to the St Mirren player getting pulled up and sanctioned by the compliance officer.

Looks to me like the myth that we killed Rangers has taken root in popular consciousness and these SFA officials want to punish us.
    Insufficient evidence to suggest the st mirren boy had a high foot. Nope nothing nada nae pictures or film exists 🤣

Something rotten about all of this and mcginn

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Insufficient evidence to suggest the st mirren boy had a high foot. Nope nothing nada nae pictures or film exists ��

Something rotten about all of this and mcginn
    Look at the bigger picture lads!

If he's suspended he's unable to play his part in relegating the filth.

We're through to the next round and one of St Mirrens better players is available to elbow the fun into the Fundesliga.

I don't think the height of either foot is relevant in that instance, to be honest; it's the force of Butcher's challenge that got him the red. I don't have any issue with him being sent off for that and the St Mirren boy going unpunished. But McGinn only getting a yellow is a phucking disgrace!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    I don't think the height of either foot is relevant in that instance, to be honest; it's the force of Butcher's challenge that got him the red. I don't have any issue with him being sent off for that and the St Mirren boy going unpunished. But McGinn only getting a yellow is a phucking disgrace!
    Also you might say McGinn got Butcher sent off.
    The incidents were just a few minutes apart and Butcher was clearly boiling when he went into that challenge.
    He was out for revenge & who could blame him & he must have thought the ref was having a lenient day & he too would get away with a yellow.
    Best thing tho is we won but shame we're missing a player for a couple of games.

And cybershed in post #210, there's a lot of truth re your last sentence. I believe we are still getting punished. A lot of funny goings-on.

Just watched McGregor on Ferguson on BBC Sport Scotland.
    Don't think I saw it before but OMG!!
    McGregor is a thug, could have snapped Ferguson's fibula & McGregor knew 100% what he was doing.
    Nasty man.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    Agree with this. Butchers challenge was high and violent.
    McGinn should have been red too obv.

It is entirely possible that Butcher doesn't make that challenge if Gollum does his job properly in the first place and sends McGinn off.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)