+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: St Mirren

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    was 50/50 challenge, wasnt the lads or he wouldn't have walked again........

Disappointed at turn round in second half performance, yes goal was a lucky one but put too much pressure on.

Was disappointed at Sows lack of hard work to chase and run everything down up front. He was kinda posing looking for service with only 10 men. Delighted at a much more galvanised defence than only a few weeks ago.
    Over all a good result and need to put 90 minutes together to get out this league.
    you watch it on st mirren tv? heard it was good from Tek forum

Pat needs to reign it a bit. But he has brought back the fear factor in the middle of the park and he can play as well. How long has it been since we can say that about any of our midfielders.

Like last week first half very good 2nd half after the sending of under the cosh. But defence was again good.

Remember only second week with practically a whole new team and I include Clark in that. Today we played away against a premiership side (granted bottom of league) but pleased with that. Partick any of the highlanders next for me at home. 👍

He'll no' bring much fear factor sitting in the stand suspended.

I agree that he has made a decent start and shown that he has added bit of steel and resolve in midfield.

He certainly relieves pressure on our defence.

But, we're a new team trying to gel. Getting sent off put his team-mates under pressure.

He's hopefully gonna be really pissed off with himself, as he's gonna be missing out on a couple of crucial games where I'm sure we all would have preferred him to be available for selection.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    He'll no' bring much fear factor sitting in the stand suspended.

I agree that he has made a decent start and shown that he has added bit of steel and resolve in midfield.

He certainly relieves pressure on our defence.

But, we're a new team trying to gel. Getting sent off put his team-mates under pressure.

He's hopefully gonna be really pissed off with himself, as he's gonna be missing out on a couple of crucial games where I'm sure we all would have preferred him to be available for selection.
    I still dont think it was a clear red card. Yes if other boys legs were down. They werent it was a 50/50. He made contact though and no way we will appeal. But we should.

BTW delighted for the two goal-scorers today. I hope Safranko continues his great effort since he arrived here. It's not been easy for him being asked to lead the line alone for much of the season and without much service. Now, he's got some decent players around him he's getting more chances and is scoring.

I'm also delighted for Nicky Clark. If he can stave off any injuries we'll have a pretty fresh player there who knows where the net is. Could be a good player for us in the push for promotion.

Just seen the incident on video and photos - never ever a red card St mirrens player nearly takes Butchers head off. That should have bee a drop ball and booking max for both players. Any other league and we would get that recinded.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Just seen the incident on video and photos - never ever a red card St mirrens player nearly takes Butchers head off. That should have bee a drop ball and booking max for both players. Any other league and we would get that recinded.
    Wasn't at the game and admit you can read anything from a photo but it looks in the photo on the BBC site that the St. Mirren boy catches Butcher square in the chest but Butcher only connects with Seaman's arm. Agree with the post above that bookings all round would have been suitable. Hope the club wil appeal the decision.

Looked the part again first half, really dominant performance and nice to see the quality of passing, work rate etc. Think that will continue to get better.

Great goal from Clark, real touch of quality.

Lots of good performances again, excellent return from Robson, Harkes a standout again.

The only disappointment was the sending off of Butcher, looked pretty reckless.

Great support appreciated by the team.

Ultimately, our spells of being really good last week and this have both been when Butcher was on the park. Quality.

Special mention for Harkes again too, that boy has some fitness, thought he was great again.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)