+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: St Mirren

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    As it was a straight red he definitely missed the next match we play, so QotS. Has it been confirmed he'll get a 2 match ban?
    no and it may be that its a 1 match ban to try and take heat out of no action against their player. We would likely just take that on the chin i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Nut dinnae get this.

When Butcher signed I thought wtf

Then loads of posters on here thought it was a great signing?? On the back of 20 games? Played in 2 seasons previously .

A midfield enforcer! Exactly what we need! Brilliant.

Wasn't there today coz of a prior engagement (The Bothie booked months ago) so I can't comment on his display today but when Id seen he'd been sent off I knew it was just a matter of time.

I don't think he's 5hite and he can do a decent job for us in this league but on the other hand I'm glad it's just an 18-month contract and no longer.
    can honestly say both times hes went off, subbed first game through injury and sent off yesterday, both times we have went all to f uck. great player and proving to be very important. thats no coincidence we stop playing well when he goes off, granted we were down to 10 men but IMO if someone else had been sent off we wouldnt have struggled as much

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Ultimately, our spells of being really good last week and this have both been when Butcher was on the park. Quality.
    correct TTT

It really does highlight the depths we have fallen to when a player who previously averaged 10 games a season for us and couldn't get a game for Mansfield Town is being described as Great and Quality.

He's an OK player at our level but our level is poor.

As long as he's wearing a tangerine shirt though he'll always get my backing.

Who would you start in front of him Whitfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    St Mirren came back out with their ears ringing no doubt, two halftime subs tells you that much. We are never going to control the whole game without the opposition having a spell of pressure themselves. The red card meant we had to weather the storm a bit longer. Try to remember that we were playing a cup tie away from home against a team from the league above, with a team we put together just over a week ago and just be happy we are through.
    bang on

It really does highlight the depths we have fallen to when a player who previously averaged 10 games a season for us and couldn't get a game for Mansfield Town is being described as Great and Quality.

He's an OK player at our level but our level is poor.

As long as he's wearing a tangerine shirt though he'll always get my backing.
    has he pumped yer burd or something S lol

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    has he pumped yer burd of something S lol
    Lol.

Na he's a great player J. Quality

Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    Who would you start in front of him Whitfield?
    A match fit Fyvie would start for me all day long.

When we were signing real quality in Sow and Pawlett I didn't really understand the signing of Butcher - even though it's his "type" we really need I thought we could do better.

He's obviously an upgrade on Barton and Rabbitsch but that's no hard is it?

A match fit Fyvie would start for me all day long.

When we were signing real quality in Sow and Pawlett I didn't really understand the signing of Butcher - even though it's his "type" we really need I thought we could do better.

He's obviously an upgrade on Barton and Rabbitsch but that's no hard is it?
    U say real quality in Sow, yet he came on yesterday and look completely uninterested in even being on the park.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)