+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: St Mirren

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i cant see anyone saying we will win the cup either, the debate is who would like to win the cup v promotion

for the record aye, good 45 mins but we're still no good enough to start getting carried away yet. lets see how we play tomorrow
    Neither can I, worded my response wrongly.. I'll go stand in the corner for a bit with my dundee tap on ��
    Last edited by offshore_arab83; 08-02-2019 at 05:26 PM.

sorry mate, just had to edit that for you

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    sorry mate, just had to edit that for you
    You've taken that too far..!! 😃

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    East Fife 1938.
    Yeah, I was thinking East Fife were somehow significant in all this. So in 144 years, there have only been two occasions when a team outwit the top league has won the cup?

That kind of reinforces my point - get back to the top league, attract some better players, stand a better chance of making the final.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking East Fife were somehow significant in all this. So in 144 years, there have only been two occasions when a team outwit the top league has won the cup?

That kind of reinforces my point - get back to the top league, attract some better players, stand a better chance of making the final.
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post

Ye twice in 144 years. I would normally say cup win before promotion but at this stage in the competition it's promotion all day long.
    It could change if you were to ask me in May and we we're in the play off final and cup final, I would go for winning the Scottish Cup.
    Unless it was against the Tattiemunchers cos we never beat they chunts.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Without wishing to join in petty bickering my humble opinion is we have to get promoted from the C'ship at the very earliest opportunity. That's May 4, 2019.
    Do not assume that if it doesn't happen this season it will happen next season.
    Because a lot of water will pass under the bridge in the next 15 months, anything can happen & probably will. Robbie could be away, sacked or off to Manchester United. We might even have new, new owners. Football's a funny business.
    The opportunity is NOW, 13 games.
    A Scottish Cup win this season would not guarantee us becoming a Premier league team. Not next season, not the season after, maybe not ever.

Promotion NOW.

A 6th round tie at home (remember them?) would be tasty tho.

Promotion NOW.
    Now, thats what i should have said in the first place. Unfortunately i am not studious enough to put it so eloquently. Therefore if you disagree (shedka) getitrightupya.

I do, but it is hypothetical and not a choice unfortunately

Hypothetically speaking the gemme should be called aff for high winds.

Promotion is paramount....its the first rung on the ladder. Then staying up and consolidating our position is the next step before we hopefully kick on again to becoming an established premiership team once again.
    We appear to be laying the foundations in all areas of the club with promotion being the no1 focus either this year or next.....fingers crossed we can get over that line asap.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)