+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: St Mirren

St Mirren

Another away-day to look forward to. Really think we’ll win this one, just hope St Mirren don’t turn it into a battle if they’re losing. Last thing we want is injuries at this stage. My team:
    Siegrist, Seaman, Reynolds, Connely, Booth,
    Harkes, Butcher, Pawlett, Smith, Clark, Safranko. Same as last week!
    I’d change the subbies though, with Bouhenna and Jimmy in for Fyvie and Frans. Think Bouhenna has more potential to stiffen up the midfield. Last time he played there at Alloa actually had a good game, even though we lost.
    And after all the hype about getting Sow in (potential league winning signing), how do we get him in the team? Do we drop Safranko?
    Great dilemmas to have.
    3-1 United then Sheep at home.

Talk aboot getting ahead of ourselves!

If we play like we did in the first half on saturday then good chance we will win but lets no forget how poor the second half was. i'll be happy with a 1-0 in aff `Booths erse tbh

It's a winnable game, certainly a winnable tie, not easy though with them having a lot of new players

No we don't drop Safranko, imo it would be Sow and Safranko with Clark on the bench when fully upto speed, but not sure Sow is ready to start yet so would go with same starting team with Gomis back in the squad

LarsErikKjell pointed out on Tekel Towers that Reynolds doesn't get to play on plastic.

An article in the Daily Record a week before he came to us reveals why.

So will we pick him for St Mirren knowing he can't play in the next two league games at QotS & Falkirk?

Or introduce a pairing of Connolly/Bouhenna or Connolly/Frans at Paisley?

I agree with Welshy tho, no other need for change but do have a think about the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    LarsErikKjell pointed out on Tekel Towers that Reynolds doesn't get to play on plastic.

An article in the Daily Record a week before he came to us reveals why.

So will we pick him for St Mirren knowing he can't play in the next two league games at QotS & Falkirk?

Or introduce a pairing of Connolly/Bouhenna or Connolly/Frans at Paisley?

I agree with Welshy tho, no other need for change but do have a think about the bench.
    Means a change in captain for matches on plastic. If Fyvie not playing then surely Connolly the man for that.

Hard to see any need to change from good performance last week. Take the game to St Mirren.

Not sure who is higher up pecking order between Frans and Bouhenna if Reynolds not played

I see that if Ross Co or ourselves progress in the 5th round on Saturday the 6th round is scheduled for March 2 when we are meant to be at home to Ross Co in a rather important league game. So chances are that game will have to be rearranged cos probably one of the two of us (if not both) will get thro. Means a midweek evening crucial game in early March.

And in response to the previous post I see it was Reynolds who was made captain ahead of Connolly v Morton.
    Then when Fyvie came on as subbie Reynolds slipped him the armband which was quite quaint.

It's the big cup so worth it, unlike the challenge cup that had games rescheduled the year we won it, which cost us in Hamilton play off too (as well as the stonewall pen we were denied in the home leg)

This cup games came at a great time. Another game for the new lads to play together, it's a free hit for us, let's go try win the tie on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    I see that if Ross Co or ourselves progress in the 5th round on Saturday the 6th round is scheduled for March 2 when we are meant to be at home to Ross Co in a rather important league game. So chances are that game will have to be rearranged cos probably one of the two of us (if not both) will get thro. Means a midweek evening crucial game in early March.

And in response to the previous post I see it was Reynolds who was made captain ahead of Connolly v Morton.
    Then when Fyvie came on as subbie Reynolds slipped him the armband which was quite quaint.
    We could benefit as much as rossco from the match being midweek.

Tannadice under the floodlights might work quite well!

Cup will be good for building up understanding with new team for the matches that matter in the league.

Come on United!!

Also, given the talk regarding the level of investment from the new owners the St Mirren game is important for a couple of reasons

- Gives the new players another game to gel where if we win great, if we don’t it’s not the end of the world and back to the priority of the league.
    - if we do win (and to be honest I think we have a really decent chance) it’s a nice potential financial reward for the owners as we may well get a money spinning tie in the quarters.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)