+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolves v Shrewsbury FA Cup 4th Round Replay

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    Hi Norton...seems I rather jumped the gun with the half-time score. Apparently our second goal by Doherty came in the 45 + 6 minute.
    As to the reason for the long delay, your guess is as good as mine. Bit hard to follow on the BBC texts, mate. Let's hope we can put this to bed in the second half.
    Ryan Bennett was down injured for a good three to four minutes and one of their players had to go off injured, hence the added time.

vid of the goals..including the ruddy howler

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47037238

Not a classic by any means but in the end job done. Despite having the lions share of possession Wolves made hard work of beating a fired up Shrewsbury and their fans.

After the early Doherty goal, was it time to get out the abacas? Shrewsbury won a corner, Ruddy was blocked off, and despite fielding the Premier League defence, we allowed them to nod an excellent goal. We were seeing loads of the ball but at times we were over playing and it was no surprise when the visitors took the lead. A long range shot appeared to squirm through our keepers grip and into the net. Ruddy was obviously very annoyed with himself, after kicking the goal post, he held his hands up to the team.

There had been two long stoppages for injuries, and Shrewsbury took an absolute age to get back into position after their goals, so it was no real surprise, that seven minutes of extra time was played. Wolves, and in particular Doherty, took advantage to send the teams in at all square. Doherty has now scored more goals(5) in all competitions, than any Premier League defender this season.

We looked for a reaction and the third goal came from Cavaleiro who latched on to a ball won by Traore The last named had given the Shrews left back a torrid time all evening. He will not come up against many players in his career with the Spaniards pace.

MGW had a good game but on odd occasions he tried one trick too many and lost possession. It was good to see Niall Ennis get a few minutes on the main stage.

The squad fly out this morning for five days warm weather training before the televised Newcastle game.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Ryan Bennett was down injured for a good three to four minutes and one of their players had to go off injured, hence the added time.
    Thanks for the clarification, Gav'. I hate trying to follow it by way of texts, but beggars can't be choosers, and it's better than nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, Gav'. I hate trying to follow it by way of texts, but beggars can't be choosers, and it's better than nothing at all.
    No problem. You might be better following Tim Spiers on twitter, Wolves on twitter and also look at the commentary thread on molineux mix if you can't follow by means of television or a stream.

I'm just glad we won in the end. I can't say i was happy with the two goals we conceded, but we stuck at it. I think our play improved once both Moutinho and Jiminez were on the pitch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)