+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Macclesfield Forecast

Well played to the 10 outfield players today superb effort, as for the one between the sticks I hope the end of the season is the end of him at this club get rid average at best. And what fantastic away support the boys could not have asked for anything else, let’s hope similar numbers travel to Vale in April to send them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Well played to the 10 outfield players today superb effort, as for the one between the sticks I hope the end of the season is the end of him at this club get rid average at best. And what fantastic away support the boys could not have asked for anything else, let’s hope similar numbers travel to Vale in April to send them down.
    Pity that fantastic away support was spoiled by those idiots who threw glass bottles onto the pitch. Flares? Away following spilling onto the pitch? Let the club down, more so than the goalie, I would say. Garratt has not been too bad of late, but it is annoying that he was at fault today, especially for that equaliser that cost us dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    Pity that fantastic away support was spoiled by those idiots who threw glass bottles onto the pitch. Flares? Away following spilling onto the pitch? Let the club down, more so than the goalie, I would say. Garratt has not been too bad of late, but it is annoying that he was at fault today, especially for that equaliser that cost us dearly.
    To be fair the use of the occasional flare can add to the spectacle and might be something the club could consider stocking in the shop (only for sale to over 16's ofcourse-or whatever the age limit is).

Great performance by the lads but Garratt was a fault for at least 2 or even all 3 today we should of battered them . The last one did he head it away ??? Before the cross came in ?? .Hard to see from away end and the second one what was going on there. Should of gone in half time at least 3 1 up but there goaly was top drawer first half .

Interesting to see the team for Tuesday. With us now having "quality" back up, Artell's word, and him openly criticising a couple of players without naming them, will we see changes? Sterry in at right back, Perry into the middle to replace Ray. If Richards had been in goal and made those mistakes Garratt would definitely have replaced him, will it happen in reverse? Lastly lets cut out those over extravagant celebrations when we score, especially near the end, and keep some concentration heads on. The referee had already told Dale that there was one minute to go before our corner was taken, I saw him do it, but their goal was scored well into the ninety seventh minute of five extra. A licence for the referee to add on more than necessary.

I had my stop watch on (sad I know) and their equaliser was 1minute 15 seconds over. I doubt if the celebrations lasted that long.

Still should have waited till the end of the game. Always vulnerable after you score

Do you drop Garratt which will destroy his confidence further, though if I was Richards I would be upset if I didn't play on Tuesday

Richards got to play Tuesday you can't expect play like that and keep your place otherwise whats the point of Richards being at the club

Richards better than Garrett any way can’t believe he hasn’t been playing. Ben Garrett has always been just a shot stopper the rest of his goal keeping ability is poor gets beaten from distance more than any goal keeper I have seen his command of the box is woeful won’t be missed.

In terms of numbers, a fantastic turnout for Saturday. However, the prospect of large numbers always attracts the morons. They'll be there at Vale as well. I've stopped going to Vale away games as I'm only interested in the football and the deadheads regularly spoil it.
    They can also reflect (fat chance, you need brain cells for that)on how much the delays contributed to a loss of concentration on the pitch.

DA suggests that 2 or 3 people lost us the game. Garratt would appear to be one of them. I've been saying for a time that he has never fulfilled his potential. All the way through the England junior sides up to the under- 20s and then he stopped and doesn't seem to have developed and might even have regressed since then (and since we've had a goalkeeper coach!). I'm not going to totally diss though as Richards is much more likely to make obvious blunders. Roll on Jaskelainen!
    So who are the other 2? Well, George scored the third goal to his credit but that was the 5th cross he had got his head to but the others were all directionless. However, it was in defence where he looked decidedly wobbly. He should have taken charge in the mix-up for the first goal (though obviously Garratt also dithered). He almost gave away another goal in similar circumstances. George is relatively with the ball ahead of him but looks decidedly nervous when he has to turn to follow the ball over his head.
    Perry was not his usual self and spent much of the first half giving the ball away. He could also have given away a very early penalty when he blatantly pushed their player in our box.
    Why won't Pickering shoot??? He had a golden opportunity in the 2nd half - maybe 12 yards out will a full sight of goal and he passed -not for the first time this season, either!
    Bowery scored a great goal, fantastically set up by Harry, but excellently executed by Jordan. He then offered some threat down that right wing. Overall, a decent, but not outstanding, performance.
    Wintle is still giving the ball away a lot and is often caught in possession while making his decisions. However, he is capable of amazing long range passing as evidenced twice in this game.
    Charlie was okay but again there was something missing. If we could combine Owen Dale's thrust and aggression with Kirk's skill, we would have a high quality player.
    For me, the most meretricious performance came from 'Steady' Eddie Nolan. He managed to keep his head and maintain a level of performance throughout the game.
    Green did his usual 'Captain Dynamic' performance but I think he didn't quite come to terms with the pitch.
    Porter did what he had to do and now has 9 goals. Interestingly, all (or most- I haven't researched this) the penalties we have won have been since he re-appeared in the team. He also must take credit for being involved in some of the incidents leading to the penalties.

Despite scoring 3 goals, we looked out-of-sorts from the kick-off and despite some periods of domination we never really got hold of the game.

Ah well Carlisle next. We have to win that to prevent the nay-sayers suddenly re-appearing on these boards to suggest that the bubble has burst. Oldham will be tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    For me, the most meretricious performance came from 'Steady' Eddie Nolan. He managed to keep his head and maintain a level of performance throughout the game.
    Green did his usual 'Captain Dynamic' performance but I think he didn't quite come to terms with the pitch.
    Porter did what he had to do and now has 9 goals. Interestingly, all (or most- I haven't researched this) the penalties we have won have been since he re-appeared in the team. He also must take credit for being involved in some of the incidents leading to the penalties.
    I'm sure you don't mean meretricious: "apparently attractive but having no real value, flashy, gaudy" - pretty well the opposite of Eddie, who was really good again last night at home. Meritorious I hope?

I think we had about one pen before Chris Porter came back into the team in December - missed by Paul Green. As Artell said last night, he won two of the four he's taken himself as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast