+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Macclesfield Forecast

Macclesfield Forecast

Okay I will start it off. I am going with a 2 - 2 result. The really interesting thing is Artell going to start with either of the new players and if so who drops out. I can't see that Sterry has come to sit on the bench, and assuming that we have got no new injuries somebody will be unlucky to be dropped, who?

The omens are not good. We're on a good run; Artell's been nominated for Manager of the Month; the 'P' word has been mentioned; we have a poor record against Macclesfield; a full away crowd is going; Macc have improved (unbelievably) under Campbell.
    1-2: scorer Perry.

As for who will Sterry replace, well I assume that Perry will go in midfield to cover for Jonah. The rest of the team will be the same except Bowery's position may be vulnerable. In which case Miller might get the nod.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    As for who will Sterry replace, well I assume that Perry will go in midfield to cover for Jonah. The rest of the team will be the same except Bowery's position may be vulnerable. In which case Miller might get the nod.
    Jonah didn’t play in the midfield last game, it was Wintle Green and Ainley, up front Kirk Porter and Bowery. Can’t see Miller returning myself.

I don’t think the manager will change a winning side, injuries permitting, but the bench will be stronger and he knows we have a more difficult match next Tuesday where he can call on reinforcements if required.

As for Macc, I see no reason why we shouldn’t win. A tight match beckons with defences on top, I reckon, and we will nick it 1-0 or possibly 2-1. Kirk with the winner again - he’s in the mood!!

For me, the fact that Campbell has them playing a slow out- from-the- back game is in our favour. This should give us space and time to play. Not changing my forecast though.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Cannot understand why you have highlighted Bowery's position being vulnerable, although each to their own. I reckon, although the goals in his game have been lacking, Bowery has been a huge influence in our success since Xmas. I would keep the team that started a fortnight ago and play to our strengths.... all out attack. That has borne the required fruit over that period of time and I am hoping, that with 1,500 Alex fans in full voice, it will be like a home match and we can romp to a convincing victory. I don't want Artell to win that MOTM prize for January. I would much prefer him to pick the award up following 4 victories this month. Keep it going, under the radar please.

I am usually wrong but will go for 1-1

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    Cannot understand why you have highlighted Bowery's position being vulnerable, although each to their own. I reckon, although the goals in his game have been lacking, Bowery has been a huge influence in our success since Xmas. I would keep the team that started a fortnight ago and play to our strengths.... all out attack. That has borne the required fruit over that period of time and I am hoping, that with 1,500 Alex fans in full voice, it will be like a home match and we can romp to a convincing victory. I don't want Artell to win that MOTM prize for January. I would much prefer him to pick the award up following 4 victories this month. Keep it going, under the radar please.
    ...but Bowery has been playing well below his normal standard for the last few games. I'm not one of his usual critics but have appreciated the work he does. However, he's looked really down in the dumps, recently

Macclesfield 0 Alex 2
    3,322 (1,604)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast