+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ot Pink bin.

For most households, the only way the pink bin will be too small, is the lazy ones who cant be bothered to separate waste into the appropriate recycling / waste stream.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    For most households, the only way the pink bin will be too small, is the lazy ones who cant be bothered to separate waste into the appropriate recycling / waste stream.
    If only that were true.

We recycle carefully but at last collection the new pink lid bin was full. There's only two of us and on the road I live the households with kids had overflowing bins at last collection.

Also with no excess capacity you've got to hit every collection, miss a day and you've got a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    If only that were true.

We recycle carefully but at last collection the new pink lid bin was full. There's only two of us and on the road I live the households with kids had overflowing bins at last collection.

Also with no excess capacity you've got to hit every collection, miss a day and you've got a problem.
    Your neighbours put unwanted kids in bins?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Only the plastic ones

Not got ours yet but we have plenty of room so not bothered about that, don’t get many card/paper or bottles/ tins so they only go out once every 4-6 weeks, if we had a choice then a smaller one would do us but a bigger brown one (garden)

down my way if you phone the councill up they will deliver another recyling bin free of charge.*some houses have 3 or 4*

the councill get paid by the recycling tip so the more waste they get the more money they get

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    Ha..nothing surprises..
    Litter all over the place soon...
    Thats the problem milla, there already is litter all over the side of the road..does my box in, only 1 in 450 prosecution success for the t0ssers who do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Thats completely unwarranted

Pink?

Aren't these type of bins normally blue?

Grist, what are you putting in the Pink Bin, Nappies and Wipes?

Plastic Kids, would go in the Black bin with other dry recyclables, if the Pink Bins were full of plastic kids, then they are doing it wrong.
    I bet if you went through all those overflowing bins or even just the look at the items poking out of the top, at least half of the contents would be recyclable. Even if its not covered by the doorstep bin collections.

If they have a household of 5 or greater, then they can still apply for an additional bin.
    Last edited by fc_miller; 05-02-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast