+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T The Games We Play

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    CAM.. 20 bucks for the Pro Shot !!
    Thanks for the offer but it's not for sale, the shipping fees on a box that size would be silly money. It's not been out of the box for about 40 years so I bet putting on that foam green after it's been rolled up all these years would be trickier than Augusta

I just sold all my vinyl after lugging it from place to place for years and not even having anything to play it on. Regretting it now having seen the price some LPs are fetching in local shops.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    We had lots of Waddington's board games - Monopoly, Cluedo, Totopoly, Spy Ring, etc, and Waddington's Table Soccer, which was a bit like Subbuteo, but with a tiddlywinks-type "ball"- good fun. Also Soccerboss and Soccerama were good. Difficult to pick a favourtie
    Thank you for sharing this. Brought all my Childhood of more than 50 years flooding back. I had all them games. Used to love Totopoly (2 games in one if I recall - buying the horses and then the race itself?) and Soccerama.

I remember most of those games. Going away from them, did anyone own a 'johnny Seven', or even know what one was?

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Thank you for sharing this. Brought all my Childhood of more than 50 years flooding back. I had all them games. Used to love Totopoly (2 games in one if I recall - buying the horses and then the race itself?) and Soccerama.
    Totopoly was one that I always wanted but never got There is one there called Jackpot that if I remember correctly is just a horse racing game that I got as a kid and played it with my girls when they were younger. Looking forward to playing some with the next generation when the grandson is a few years older.

I can look at the older games and remember back to the Christmases when I got them from the mid 60s through to the mid 70s. When I open them up some even still have scorecards in there from playing them with my cousins back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Frustration?
    Lol yeah, there’s a few that fit.

I was thinking of kaplunk

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Totopoly was one that I always wanted but never got There is one there called Jackpot that if I remember correctly is just a horse racing game that I got as a kid and played it with my girls when they were younger. Looking forward to playing some with the next generation when the grandson is a few years older.
    Here are some rarer ones that we had - all Waddington's, I think (we were big fans!) - Mine a million, Don't miss the boat, Spindo, Sorry! (I think that Waddingtons bought the rights to that, a much older game from the USA). There was another game based around chartering cargo planes in Indonesia - can't remember it's name. The classic Waddington's playing cards were iconic too. By the way, Rolymiller still has a wide-ranging boardgame collection, including Totopoly
    Last edited by mikemiller; 05-02-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Forgot to mention... Go (the travel/tourist game), Scoop (the Newspaper editor game) and , of course, Wembley -with the latter causing arguments, even in adult life, when my brother-in-law would never buy any star players if he got the Millers as one of his teams, on the grounds that he was trying to make the game realistic, by "doing a Boothy"
    Last edited by mikemiller; 06-02-2019 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Forgot to mention... Go (the travel/tourist game), Scoop (the Newspaper editor game) and , of course, Wembley -with the latter causing arguments, even in adult life, when my brother-in-law would never buy any star players if he got the Millers as one of his teams, on the grounds that he was trying to make the game realistic, by "doing a Boothy"
    Yes, Wembley is in the picture Mike. Also noticed we have 3 Monopoly (top shelf right), a standard box, a US version in the metal case and the one we had a kids when the pieces/cards came in a small 8"x 8" box and the board was separate. Houses/hotels are wood and the pieces are metal with a transportation theme e.g. locomotive, digger, galleon, motorbike, car, tank. Disappointing to see that even at around 70 years old it's only worth about 25 quid. Memories of family squabbles are of course priceless
    Last edited by CAMiller; 06-02-2019 at 01:24 AM.

Excellent, CAM. Wonderful Aladdin's Cave of boxed games.

I have had several of these and still keep the "Dingbats" handy; it's such a good game. I don't see "Trivial Pursuits" but it might be there. I can outdo you with he Monopoly sets of which think I have six! English (2), American, German, French and Singaporean. At one point I was thinking about creating an International version where all were brought into play...

One of my favourites from childhood was Magnetic Football. I think this is the set that I had (In fact, may still! There is a garage full of stuff in the UK I need to through one day...)

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...7-a5f700d5ef61

Had loads of games through the years, the a few we have now, trivia pursuit,monopoly,game of live, 2 second rule, a few more

When I was a kid apart from being outside most of the time then the games I remember what I had were subbuteo and Mastermind.
    tiddlywinks,kerplunk,marbles, pick up sticks just appeared in the house .
    I loved the Mastermind one.

Some of them today like buckaroo easily break, I bought one for a present a while back and it had to be took back, I wasn’t impressed at all

Oh and Tonka toys were proper sturdy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast