+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memorable debuts

Rob McDonald away to Millwall....
    How that lad made it to be a professional I'll never know

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Whose debut have you seen where you've thought 'get in, we've got a player'?

...or even 'ah, shite, this is gonna be bad!'

I was at the game vs the smoggies (losing 2-0 currently ) when Tino made his debut. We were losing 1-0 and not playing particularly well when Keegan brought him on. I think their left back was admitted to hospital with chronic dizziness and a badly twisted neck after the game. Sure enough Tino created the equaliser for Steve Watson and then caused havoc every time he got the ball and we went on to win the game.

Over to you.
    Was going to say the same Zip..I had taped match of the day on my VHS recorder..(yes I'm an ancient 39 this month!)...and what Tino did gave me goosebumps. I remember replaying it to my Watford supporting friend but he couldn't get my excitement. ..I think it took him about 7 viewings to understand the reverse nutmeg was a thing of beauty!

On the other side...Big Al's debut was a big dissapointment. I was at Wembley to see Man Utd thrash us 4-0. But boy did we get revenge a couple of months later!

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Was going to say the same Zip..I had taped match of the day on my VHS recorder..(yes I'm an ancient 39 this month!)...and what Tino did gave me goosebumps. I remember replaying it to my Watford supporting friend but he couldn't get my excitement. ..I think it took him about 7 viewings to understand the reverse nutmeg was a thing of beauty!

On the other side...Big Al's debut was a big dissapointment. I was at Wembley to see Man Utd thrash us 4-0. But boy did we get revenge a couple of months later!
    Dont mention that one. Prefer to mention the home league debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Dont mention that one. Prefer to mention the home league debut.
    He's my hero and it wasn't his fault...but it was his debut and a bad game!

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    He's my hero and it wasn't his fault...but it was his debut and a bad game!
    Yip. You are right, and didn't he make up for it after that. What a bargain buy that turned out to be, lot of money then - remember shudddering at the cost at the time...

Keegan's debut as player .fdifferent class

Duncan Ferguson.... bagged 2 in a 3-1 win against Wimbledon

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Supermacs hat trick against Liverpool,he looked as if he was going to get a fourth when he collided with their keeper and was carried off semi conscious minus some teeth.
    Another great debut was Alan Suddick,I think it was against Charlton (it was a long time ago) He was out of the Juniors and still young but he was the best player on the pitch.

Keegans debut when he scored against QPR (i think). The crowd almost sucked the ball into the net. it was a bright summers day and i had had a few beers, watched the match and flew to Malta on holiday the same night. Thought that days don't get much better:0

Sissoko vs Chelsea banged in 2 goals and bossed the game. I remember Gouffran bbossing that game as well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)