+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newport

Newport

They’re through to an FA Cup 5th round game against Man City the weekend before we play em. I’m a big believer that the best time to play someone is just before or just after a big cup game. Could be quite handy.

It’s going to be interesting to see City try to play tiki-taka on that pitch. Credit to Newport, though, they played some great football and thoroughly deserved the win. And yes, let’s hope the City game leaves them exhausted.

I was just thinking the same. That's a lot of running for them and a big adrenaline come-down after the match too.

Also Yeovil lost, they're well and truly in the relegation battle now.

Great performance by Newport tonight. They totally dominated Boro. They’ll be tough opponents whenever we play them.

It was interesting to hear that this is their best cup run since 1949. That was the year that Notts beat them 11-1 at Meadow Lane. An omen perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Also Yeovil lost, they're well and truly in the relegation battle now.
    True, but the harsh reality is that we need to win three games and them to lose three for us to overtake them. When you consider we've only won four games all season, that's no easy task.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    True, but the harsh reality is that we need to win three games and them to lose three for us to overtake them. When you consider we've only won four games all season, that's no easy task.
    I think we're all hoping that stats go out the window now as we're, quite literally, a different team.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Very true, but it's not an insurmountable task. If you think about it, we need to win three more games and match the rest of Two of Yeovil, Morecambe or Macclesfield. If we don't focus on the points target, we need to basically better three teams results. It makes it a bit more palatable

So is the City game before ours?

If so, good.

Things to think about......

Newport would have put everything in to the game against City, and whether they win or lose (they will obvs lose) they will be knackered.

They have to travel to Meadow Lane.

They might possibly get injuries from the intensity of the match against City.

Yes, you're right. Could be a good time to play them. Hopefully we might have chalked up a win before then too.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    So is the City game before ours?

If so, good.

Things to think about......

Newport would have put everything in to the game against City, and whether they win or lose (they will obvs lose) they will be knackered.

They have to travel to Meadow Lane.

They might possibly get injuries from the intensity of the match against City.

Yes, you're right. Could be a good time to play them. Hopefully we might have chalked up a win before then too.
    Newport have lost something silly like 8 league games in a row away from home. They are decent at home and that pitch is something Man City will struggle with, like the rugby pitch we had them on a few years back when they scraped a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    They’re through to an FA Cup 5th round game against Man City the weekend before we play em. I’m a big believer that the best time to play someone is just before or just after a big cup game. Could be quite handy.
    I agree. I remember the next league match after we beat Leeds at Elland Road. If memory serves me right it was against Oxford and the place was buzzing. We lost 1-0.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast