+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Goal

Lincoln Goal

It was hard to tell what actually happened at the game, it looked like it could be Schofield's fault. However, watching it back and rewinding, I think Enzio is to blame. He just gives a half arsed attempt at stopping their player. I think Schofield is blinded by our defence.

Sorry Enzio, you played well, but have got to give that extra percent more when we're in this situation. Probably down to game time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    It was hard to tell what actually happened at the game, it looked like it could be Schofield's fault. However, watching it back and rewinding, I think Enzio is to blame. He just gives a half arsed attempt at stopping their player. I think Schofield is blinded by our defence.

Sorry Enzio, you played well, but have got to give that extra percent more when we're in this situation. Probably down to game time as well.
    He can't defend, that is why I would rather see him up front where he can cause the opposition damage with his pace and skill.

2 players let him waltz by them, to get the shot in.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post

You are 100% correct. He simply does as little as he thinks he can get away with instead of getting closer to O'Brien and closing the gap allowing O'brien to shuffle left earlier. He has left defenders exposed on many occasions this year.
    I appreciate he has attributes better used when in possession, but if we are to stay in the football league it is effort and intelligence in every part of the pitch that will save us. Pretending you are doing enough isn't enough, even at this level.

We could have tried to push him down the line I guess but lets be honest the keeper should not be getting beat from a shot from that distance when it looked like it went through his hands.

Schofield was mainly at fault but its fashionable to bash the "luxury" player.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    We could have tried to push him down the line I guess but lets be honest the keeper should not be getting beat from a shot from that distance when it looked like it went through his hands.

It didn't go through his hands at all. It went through a crowd of players and was swerving away from him. He got beat by a decent shot to be honest that he would have saw the flight late through a crowd. Better to stop the shot in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It didn't go through his hands at all. It went through a crowd of players and was swerving away from him. He got beat by a decent shot to be honest that he would have saw the flight late through a crowd. Better to stop the shot in the first place
    Well obviously its best to stop the shot but if every footballer did that in every game it would end 0-0 !!

My opinion is Schofield should have saved it put it this way if Ross was in goal he would have been slaughtered for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    2 players let him waltz by them, to get the shot in.
    That's what I saw too, and the players who should have stopped the chance of a shot also blocked Schofield's view.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

You may well be right in expecting the keeper to stop the shot, but your argument about bashing a luxury player has no merit, Enzio simply didn't do enough, he could have done more.

What is a'luxury'player? and can we afford to carry such a player given our current predicament?

Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    You may well be right in expecting the keeper to stop the shot, but your argument about bashing a luxury player has no merit, Enzio simply didn't do enough, he could have done more.

What is a'luxury'player? and can we afford to carry such a player given our current predicament?
    Well luxury player is pretty much someone who fans "think" is bone idle and not put the graft in.

He maybe could have done abit more yes but his natural game is to attack its a very British thing get bodies behind the ball, defend in numbers he doesn't come from that background of coaching.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast