+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lincoln Goal

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Well luxury player is pretty much someone who fans "think" is bone idle and not put the graft in.

He maybe could have done abit more yes but his natural game is to attack its a very British thing get bodies behind the ball, defend in numbers he doesn't come from that background of coaching.
    I don't think for one moment that Neil Ardley or any manager worth his salt would take into consideration a players 'background' or their natural tendencies when analysing what went wrong when a goal is conceded.
    There are only 22 players at any one time who can affect the outcome of a game, could Enzio have done more?
    I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Well luxury player is pretty much someone who fans "think" is bone idle and not put the graft in.

He maybe could have done abit more yes but his natural game is to attack its a very British thing get bodies behind the ball, defend in numbers he doesn't come from that background of coaching.
    He did exactly what everyone was berating Jones for against Macc, jogging alongside the opposing player without getting a foot in. On both occasions it resulted in a goal to the opposing team. Basic stuff really but I would also hazard a guess that Enzio was worried about picking up a second yellow if he did put a challenge in and got it wrong, still could have closed him down more though.

he would have saw the flight late through a crowd.

Chicken Balti, how's your Granddad? Better than your Grammar hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    he would have saw the flight late through a crowd.

Chicken Balti, how's your Granddad? Better than your Grammar hopefully.
    Not great actually bearing in mind we buried him yesterday...

Whilst I may lack grammar skills, I have tact and human decency. I can learn grammar, I'm having a hard time believing you can learn basic human decency

Oh I've got that by the bucketful. So sorry about your Granddad. Was his death unexpected?

Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    You may well be right in expecting the keeper to stop the shot, but your argument about bashing a luxury player has no merit, Enzio simply didn't do enough, he could have done more.

What is a'luxury'player? and can we afford to carry such a player given our current predicament?
    And what as he done this season to warrant being called a luxury player

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    And what as he done this season to warrant being called a luxury player
    Contribute to a third of our goals?

How on earth people are blaming Enzio I have no idea, I'm guessing it's to push the lazy rhetoric Notts mad seems to love to do... He forces the winger inside and he then becomes O'Briens job to defend and he doesn't do it quick enough, I said it at the time he was giving him far too much time and space and sure enough he got his shot away and scored. We've conceded from crosses all season and for once we make wide players come inside to stop the cross and people just moan at Enzio for not being Ngolo Kante

O'Brien is the player between Andrade and the goal and should have closed him down quicker from this point onwards.

He's caught flat footed and gives him the freedom of Meadow Lane with all the space in the world he could want to run into, unless people expect Enzio to man mark a winger and track him around the entire pitch all game or literally run through O'Brien and do his job for him when someone cuts inside he's done nothing wrong.

O'Brien was slow to react and lets Andrade by him with ease, as shown below, the only player to try and close him down with any intent was Stubbs but at this point it's too late. I thought O'Brien had a poor game in general to be honest, he gave the ball away more than anyone else and was outshone by Doyle, which is fair enough as so were most players on the pitch. Not saying he was awful but he was our weakest player imo.

Still photos really don't help. What happened before the first one? I thought Enzio could have challenged him but I am sure they have gone over the goal enough times this week. Time to move on I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    He did exactly what everyone was berating Jones for against Macc, jogging alongside the opposing player without getting a foot in. On both occasions it resulted in a goal to the opposing team. Basic stuff really but I would also hazard a guess that Enzio was worried about picking up a second yellow if he did put a challenge in and got it wrong, still could have closed him down more though.
    To be fair Jones is supposed to be a DEFENDER.

To be fair to all 9 times out of 10 shots from that distance at this level aren’t on target.

Sometimes you have to give credit to the striker for hitting a powerful shot from well outside the area into the far corner.

If the only goals we concede from the rest of the season are shots from that distance then we’ll not lose a lot of games.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12