+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FAO People who like to hate

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I honestly think that Ardley hopelessly underrated just how low morale was at NCFC. He knows now and has addressed it properly but it may be too late. The big question now is: will he be retained in the Banarama if we drop through the trapdoor.
    I hope so. Whatever Queenie says, I trust my instinct sufficiently to say that here is a man with his head screwed on properly and is sufficiently persuasive to get the likes of Doyle on board in what looks like a no-win situation.
    And btw what a stupid strapline this fred has. What's hate got to do with it?
    El Sid
    I agree. In fact I suspect he didn't just underestimate how bad morale was, but also how little ability we had in certain positions. He said as much (without saying it literally) in his radio interviews after a few weeks.

One of the reasons I'm encouraged is that he has addressed exactly the positions most of us thought were the weakest areas of the team, and virtually all of his signings look like improvements on what we had before. Past managers often seem to have strengthened areas that weren't weaknesses whilst ignoring positions that obviously were, like central defence, and the quality of their signings was variable.

Ardley hasn't had the best start results wise, but I agree with the OP that we shouldn't judge him on that. I feel quite confident that the longer he is given and the more patience he is shown, the better the team will get, but it will probably be gradual progress. If it's too late to save us this season, then I lay the lion's share of the blame squarely at Kevin Nolan's feet, not Harry Kewell or Neal Ardley.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Never seen or heard that he was set a target of 55 points.

Where does that come from?

(Not saying it's not true, just that it's new to me)
    It's true. That's what he set himself and was never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    In fairness to MancMagpie on the evidence of Saturdays game, a team mostly of Ardley's making, gave the most professional display of the season, certainly the best I have witnessed since the well drilled, hard to beat sides that Nolan inspired in the early part of his reign. Of course we will judge him on what happens between now and the end of the season but I am optimistic today, something I wasn't prior to the Lincoln fixture
    COYP
    Yes, this is basically what I'm saying. His first match with a team he has built (and it must have been hard to get players here) and we draw with the league leaders.

I have no idea about this Ardly bloke, but I freakin' LOOOOVE to hate!!!

Do you know a good place we can get our hate on? I'm looking for some like minded people to get together with and talk about all the things we really hate!

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    I have no idea about this Ardly bloke, but I freakin' LOOOOVE to hate!!!

Do you know a good place we can get our hate on? I'm looking for some like minded people to get together with and talk about all the things we really hate!
    I hate it when people can't spell our managers name.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Never seen or heard that he was set a target of 55 points.

Where does that come from?

(Not saying it's not true, just that it's new to me)
    NA when asked about objectives for the season "55 points, I think I said 53 but he's {AH} added two to it"

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/sear...age=3&q=Ardley

go to First Press conference

For right or for wrong AH is impressed by NA's analysis of where the problems are and the areas goals are being conceded from - AH could just have come on here but another example perhaps of AH playing "wannabee footy manager"?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    NA when asked about objectives for the season "55 points, I think I said 53 but he's {AH} added two to it"

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/sear...age=3&q=Ardley

go to First Press conference

For right or for wrong AH is impressed by NA's analysis of where the problems are and the areas goals are being conceded from - AH could just have come on here but another example perhaps of AH playing "wannabee footy manager"?
    I suppose to a novice owner there's always the temptation to get involved too much on the football side of things.

It's no coincidence that our two most successful chairmen, Dunnett and Pavis, had previous experience at Brentford and Forest respectively.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I hate it when people can't spell our managers name.
    Ooooh, that really grinds my gears too when they can’t get Artley right. No freakin’ respect, kids these days! But you preach it brotha, and let the hate flow through you! This is the place!

Another thing I really hate is when people say, “nuff said”... because you know unequivocally someone’s gonna come along and say something else, add to it like, and not to mention (oooh, there’s another one I hate, but I digress) the dumb way of spelling ‘enuff’ - leaving the ‘e’ off the front just like a right prat!

<—— my fave icon

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Ooooh, that really grinds my gears too when they can’t get Artley right. No freakin’ respect, kids these days! But you preach it brotha, and let the hate flow through you! This is the place!

Another thing I really hate is when people say, “nuff said”... because you know unequivocally someone’s gonna come along and say something else, add to it like, and not to mention (oooh, there’s another one I hate, but I digress) the dumb way of spelling ‘enuff’ - leaving the ‘e’ off the front just like a right prat!

<—— my fave icon
    Take more water with it.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Take more water with it.
    Now you're talking! I HATE water!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast