+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FAO People who like to hate

FAO People who like to hate

There's been a few posts here and there about Ardley. I've not worked it out yet, but his win ratio is probably terrible at the moment. I don't think this matters (yet), it's going to get better. The main focus was building a new team of winners and people who care. You could see how worried he was after a couple of games. He's had his chance to recruit, he's done well and let's see what happens.

Martin Allen has been mentioned as somebody to get us out of this mess.......basically...no.
    There's no way he could have pulled the players in that we've got now. More people respect Ardley and that is why we have the likes of CMS and Doyle.

I'm not saying that Ardley will definitely get us out of this mess but at least this is now HIS team. HIS players (the best he could get in given the circumstances) and HIS philosophy. On the evidence of the weekend, we might have been near the playoffs if we had started with this team and Ardley's mentality.

It's not easy asking established EFL players to come to a club that's basically relegated.

He's made his mistakes, but it looks like Big (and little) Al have pulled something out the bag to try and stop relegation from happening.

Thing is...... is......we should have never got to here in the first place, but when you mix arrogance and ego with money, all sorts of bad **** happens.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    There's been a few posts here and there about Ardley. I've not worked it out yet, but his win ratio is probably terrible at the moment. I don't think this matters (yet), it's going to get better. The main focus was building a new team of winners and people who care. You could see how worried he was after a couple of games. He's had his chance to recruit, he's done well and let's see what happens.

Martin Allen has been mentioned as somebody to get us out of this mess.......basically...no.
    There's no way he could have pulled the players in that we've got now. More people respect Ardley and that is why we have the likes of CMS and Doyle.

I'm not saying that Ardley will definitely get us out of this mess but at least this is now HIS team. HIS players (the best he could get in given the circumstances) and HIS philosophy. On the evidence of the weekend, we might have been near the playoffs if we had started with this team and Ardley's mentality.

It's not easy asking established EFL players to come to a club that's basically relegated.

He's made his mistakes, but it looks like Big (and little) Al have pulled something out the bag to try and stop relegation from happening.

Thing is...... is......we should have never got to here in the first place, but when you mix arrogance and ego with money, all sorts of bad **** happens.
    Have you been drinking?

If you think the reason that the likes of Doyle and CMS came here were due to Ardley ( and all respect to him) you're wrong. Him being the boss certainly would not have put people off but the reasons why players go to clubs are to do with the chance of first team football and money and location for the most part. Sure certain managers will attract certain players such as Nolan and Shola but the players have come for those reasons in the main. They are certainly the type of player we need. For me the jury is out on Ardley. So far he as done little impress in terms of results. Lets see how he goes between now and the end of the season and judge it then. COYP. Big Al can sign who he likes as if he is to be believed he wont be paying the bill in 4 weeks. If we go down close season will be brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Have you been drinking?

If you think the reason that the likes of Doyle and CMS came here were due to Ardley ( and all respect to him) you're wrong. Him being the boss certainly would not have put people off but the reasons why players go to clubs are to do with the chance of first team football and money and location for the most part. Sure certain managers will attract certain players such as Nolan and Shola but the players have come for those reasons in the main. They are certainly the type of player we need. For me the jury is out on Ardley. So far he as done little impress in terms of results. Lets see how he goes between now and the end of the season and judge it then. COYP. Big Al can sign who he likes as if he is to be believed he wont be paying the bill in 4 weeks. If we go down close season will be brutal.

This ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Have you been drinking?

In fairness to MancMagpie on the evidence of Saturdays game, a team mostly of Ardley's making, gave the most professional display of the season, certainly the best I have witnessed since the well drilled, hard to beat sides that Nolan inspired in the early part of his reign. Of course we will judge him on what happens between now and the end of the season but I am optimistic today, something I wasn't prior to the Lincoln fixture
    COYP

If AH can't flog a lame horse, and he is still here as Chairman by the end of this season,
    Ardley would go, as AH set him a points total of 55 to achieve. and we would need a miracle for that to happen.
    Applying the same cutthroat business system practices as applies in the outside world of commerce to get results, has been the downfall of not just our club at this level but many others.
    Just because Man united, Man city, Chelsea and big clubs in the premier do it, there is a massive difference, you wouldnt try and run a corner shop like you ran Sports Direct would you.
    but this is what Trew and now Hardy have sacked so many managers, just like man united do when there falling behind their timetable for success.
    Bugger success, bugger targets, i am sick of managers changing , All most of us want is a club to support that play league football, entertain us with attractive football, win more than they lose and do not get anywhere the position we are now in, Ah has splashed out millions to create his dream and look whats happened, same with Trew . and look where we are now with stupid timetables and targets.
    Ardley seems to be an Excellent manager and i cannot see why he has this threat hanging over him of 55 points, we all know its a threat not a target due to the recent track record of chairman here at meadow lane.
    Keep him, if he can motivate a team to play like Last Saturday, then i cant think of anyone better to put you faith in.
    i paid hundreds of quid for a season ticket this season, not to see mangers sacked and another upheaval following the last one. Ah as we all new commented last season the playing staffs too big, then what were got even more now than we had last year, after clearing 18 out twixt seasons.
    Bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by feeb View Post
    If AH can't flog a lame horse, and he is still here as Chairman by the end of this season,
    Ardley would go, as AH set him a points total of 55 to achieve. and we would need a miracle for that to happen.
    Applying the same cutthroat business system practices as applies in the outside world of commerce to get results, has been the downfall of not just our club at this level but many others.
    Just because Man united, Man city, Chelsea and big clubs in the premier do it, there is a massive difference, you wouldnt try and run a corner shop like you ran Sports Direct would you.
    but this is what Trew and now Hardy have sacked so many managers, just like man united do when there falling behind their timetable for success.
    Bugger success, bugger targets, i am sick of managers changing , All most of us want is a club to support that play league football, entertain us with attractive football, win more than they lose and do not get anywhere the position we are now in, Ah has splashed out millions to create his dream and look whats happened, same with Trew . and look where we are now with stupid timetables and targets.
    Ardley seems to be an Excellent manager and i cannot see why he has this threat hanging over him of 55 points, we all know its a threat not a target due to the recent track record of chairman here at meadow lane.
    Keep him, if he can motivate a team to play like Last Saturday, then i cant think of anyone better to put you faith in.
    i paid hundreds of quid for a season ticket this season, not to see mangers sacked and another upheaval following the last one. Ah as we all new commented last season the playing staffs too big, then what were got even more now than we had last year, after clearing 18 out twixt seasons.
    Bonkers.
    Never seen or heard that he was set a target of 55 points.

Where does that come from?

(Not saying it's not true, just that it's new to me)

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Never seen or heard that he was set a target of 55 points.

Where does that come from?

(Not saying it's not true, just that it's new to me)
    Original press conference, I seem to remember NA talking about getting to 50 pts asap and then saying that AH wanted him to target 55 pts.

Absolute bull really, the only target should have been to secure league status!

I honestly think that Ardley hopelessly underrated just how low morale was at NCFC. He knows now and has addressed it properly but it may be too late. The big question now is: will he be retained in the Banarama if we drop through the trapdoor.
    I hope so. Whatever Queenie says, I trust my instinct sufficiently to say that here is a man with his head screwed on properly and is sufficiently persuasive to get the likes of Doyle on board in what looks like a no-win situation.
    And btw what a stupid strapline this fred has. What's hate got to do with it?
    El Sid

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I honestly think that Ardley hopelessly underrated just how low morale was at NCFC. He knows now and has addressed it properly but it may be too late. The big question now is: will he be retained in the Banarama if we drop through the trapdoor.
    I hope so. Whatever Queenie says, I trust my instinct sufficiently to say that here is a man with his head screwed on properly and is sufficiently persuasive to get the likes of Doyle on board in what looks like a no-win situation.
    And btw what a stupid strapline this fred has. What's hate got to do with it?
    El Sid
    Sounds like you hate the strapline Sid?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast