+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Phil Windsor Prosecution Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/p...heel-1-5098800

How would Norfolk police be able to defend their position in the light of this
    It's a 2017 operation, in which there were a number of cases where warning letters were sent or words of advice given, as a starter.

That there's a world of difference between using a mobile whilst driving (which endangers others) - which was the focus of the 2017 operation- and not wearing a seat belt (which endangers yourself) for the main course.

SB and I are in agreement that Phil should be treated in the same way as every other motorist. That cuts both ways. If the Norfolk police policy is to issue words of advice for the seat belt offence then he is entitled to be treated like any other motorist.

It's the use of photographic evidence that's the issue here
    There is clear photographic evidence of Philip not wearing a seat belt
    Is not wearing one an offence or not
    As I said before my granddaughter was fined £100 for not wearing her seat belt but no words of advice there although she was only endangering herself still cost her £100 though
    Do you honestly believe that the Norfolk Police only ever issue words of advice as a policy
    I don't think even your logic would stretch that far
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 11-02-2019 at 09:34 PM.

There's a difference between going to the trouble of using photographic evidence to prosecute using a mobile (an endorsable offence that risks harm to others) and not using a seat belt (a non endorsable offence that generally involves only a risk to the offender himself).

Your article relates to phone use.

If your grand daughter was prosecuted in Norfolk on photographic evidence alone that would be relevant, but I'm kind of guessing that she wasn't. I hope she has learned her lesson.

Norfolk police have said what their policy is. I'm not a Norfolk police officer and so can't comment. Logically, I dare say anyone who had been prosecuted for the seat belt offence in Norfolk on photographic evidence alone would have made themselves known to the press by now. Don't you?
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 11-02-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Which ever way you would like to spin the story Philip has received treatment in respect of the seat belt not afforded to others There are ump**** images of him clearly flouting the law & not wearing a seat belt so no lesson learnt there because no one has pointed out the error of his ways
    I will wager that he will continue to receive preferential treatment in respect of his driving incident & not face any charges
    Care to take me on?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 11-02-2019 at 10:24 PM.

More proof of preferential treatment,this time from the Church

Almighty God, the Fountain of all Goodness,We humbly beseech thee to bless Philip Duke of Edinburgh:Endue him with thy Holy Spirit; enrich him with thy Heavenly Grace; prosper him with all happiness; and bring him to thine everlasting kingdom, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
    — John Sentamu (@JohnSentamu) Archbishop of York 17 January 2019

Not a peep for the others involved in the incident

Norfolk Police said that two other people, both female, were involved in the crash, had been treated in hospital but had since been discharged.
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 12-02-2019 at 04:56 AM.

Which ever way you would like to spin the story Philip has received treatment in respect of the seat belt not afforded to others There are ump**** images of him clearly flouting the law & not wearing a seat belt so no lesson learnt there because no one has pointed out the error of his ways
    I will wager that he will continue to receive preferential treatment in respect of his driving incident & not face any charges
    Care to take me on?
    Give me a single example of someone being prosecuted for not wearing a seat belt in Norfolk on photographic evidence alone and I would accept your point, but you haven't. Your position is based on nothing more than prejudice.

I haven't seen any images of Phil driving without a seatbelt. Then again, I haven't looked as I have better things to do than obsessing about what elderly drivers in Norfolk are up to.

I suspect that Phil won't be charged with due care now that he had given up his licence. What would be the point of dragging a 97 year old war veteran through the courts when he isn't going to drive again?

More proof of preferential treatment,this time from the Church

Almighty God, the Fountain of all Goodness,We humbly beseech thee to bless Philip Duke of Edinburgh:Endue him with thy Holy Spirit; enrich him with thy Heavenly Grace; prosper him with all happiness; and bring him to thine everlasting kingdom, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
    — John Sentamu (@JohnSentamu) Archbishop of York 17 January 2019

Not a peep for the others involved in the incident

Norfolk Police said that two other people, both female, were involved in the crash, had been treated in hospital but had since been discharged.
    God of Love and Compassion reach out with your Peace to the people who were in the car involved in the traffic accident with Prince Philip’s vehicle .Amen— John Sentamu (@JohnSentamu) Archbishop of York 17 January 2019

Just waiting to see who spotted that first

Captain Mainwaring Home Guard 17 January 1941 also in Norfolk

Phil Windsor "war veteran"

The lads on the front line will remember him well fighting alongside them.

War veteran my arse.

Do the people tha represents defending motoring prosecutions pay privately for thi legal services ?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast