+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Nantes Demand Transfer Fee Payment from Cardiff for Sala

OT: Nantes Demand Transfer Fee Payment from Cardiff for Sala

I was reading an aviation forum this morning and nearly posted about Sala's fateful flight. There seems to have been a lot going on that is yet to properly hit the fan and there are going to be issues regarding insurance, liability for agent's fees and much more.

Feb 3rd - Buddy Holly
    Dec 15th - Glen Miller
    Jan 21st - Sala
    Feb 6th - Manchester United/Munich

The first 3 certainly have issues in common and to an extent Munich too. Lessons have not been learnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I was reading an aviation forum this morning and nearly posted about Sala's fateful flight. There seems to have been a lot going on that is yet to properly hit the fan and there are going to be issues regarding insurance, liability for agent's fees and much more.

Feb 3rd - Buddy Holly
    Dec 15th - Glen Miller
    Jan 21st - Sala
    Feb 6th - Manchester United/Munich

The first 3 certainly have issues in common and to an extent Munich too. Lessons have not been learnt.
    Yeah wasn't the pilot saying to his friends on whatsapp that he was a bit rusty or something?

I'm sure the various insurance companies involved will battle it out to avoid paying but fair enough from Nantes, the transfer had gone through hadn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Yeah wasn't the pilot saying to his friends on whatsapp that he was a bit rusty or something?

I'm sure the various insurance companies involved will battle it out to avoid paying but fair enough from Nantes, the transfer had gone through hadn't it?
    There is currently a lot of interesting pieces ref Buddy Holly on his Face Book Page some pieces also offering more information about the aircrafts flight instruments and the pilots familiarity with one of them in particular.

On face value, Sala had already signed for Cardiff, so whilst what happened afterwards is absolutely awful, Nantes would presumably be well within their rights to demand the transfer fee is paid. From the moment he signed the contract and the deal was done, it would be Cardiff's responsibility to ensure that they were insured against any subsequent misfortunes. Normally that would be things like serious or career ending injuries, but sadly in this case it was a tragic plane crash.

Of course, it could be that the quoted fee included all sorts of clauses for club and international appearances, in which case Cardiff would only be liable for the up-front payment, but we really don't know the ins and outs.

Whether Nantes should be calling in the debt and threatening Court action so soon after the tragic event is another matter. Sometimes, sensitivity and discretion is needed, even in the greedy, cynical, morally bankrupt football industry.

Agreed, Jackal.
    I read that Cardiff had laid on a commercial flight ticket for Sala but his agent arranged the private flight at Sala's request so that he could meet up with his new team mates asap. IF true, surely the agent has a role to play.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Agreed, Jackal.
    I read that Cardiff had laid on a commercial flight ticket for Sala but his agent arranged the private flight at Sala's request so that he could meet up with his new team mates asap. IF true, surely the agent has a role to play.
    Sadly, this could get messy. Feel for Nantes and Cardiff and Neil Warnock looked shell-shocked.

Does look very early for Nantes to take such a firm hand though.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Agreed, Jackal.
    Interesting. The agent certainly seemed to be distancing himself from the whole plane selection thing last week, showing the media various texts to suggest he left it to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

Does look very early for Nantes to take such a firm hand though.
    I don't think it is, they probably budgeted on having that money to pay for something else and there's no reason why it shouldn't have been paid to be honest.

I wondered when it first happened if there would be issues with the transfer fee.
    Forgive me if I sound a bit harsh but I’ve read that some of the Cardiff players needed counselling and it’s been treated like they’ve lost one of their own. Surely as a person they barely even knew him? It’s absolutely tragic but only marginally more so for them than the rest of the footballing world!
    I can understand the Nantes players feeling that way as they would know him as a person!
    Maybe I’m a heartless b******d. It’s been a long day!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast