+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: FA cup replay Albion v Brighton team news match thread

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Those substitutions worked out well, down to 10 men
    That’s so right Phild buddy...how many times this season are we winning...UNTIL substitution time...and then we’re level...and then even worse!!
    I’m pro Big Dave, but he needs to understand there is another learning curve regarding substitutions. It’s been costly this season

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    That’s so right Phild buddy...how many times this season are we winning...UNTIL substitution time...and then we’re level...and then even worse!!
    I’m pro Big Dave, but he needs to understand there is another learning curve regarding substitutions. It’s been costly this season

Comes back to what Mick said - tactically inept. Lovely guy though......

I wasn't there and didn't spend money to watch in the pouring rain, so I can't criticise people who complain about what happened having paid their money, but I have to say I feel immensely proud and thought what I saw was one of the most positive displays by an Albion team in an age. What a future we have. You can knock Moore for not going all out to win the game but to bring on a 16 year old and show him what it's all about is to me an even bigger sign of the essential decency and honesty of the man. We are not going to win the cup, we never were, what gate money we get would be dwarfed by the prize of going up - yes of course we may still not, but at least we can see and have been shown what is going on with our youngsters. They were immense, given that half the time they were shouldered aside by men, they still stuck at it and never gave up. People have constantly moaned about the fact that they think our youngsters are not good enough and that's why Moore hasn't played them - well I beg to differ. No other team has sent on anywhere near the number we had and while I would never for a moment compare what we have to Busby's Babes I'd like to think the great man would have nothing but admiration for what Darren Moore tried to do tonight.

Lets hope that he continues to give them a chance and they dont have to be shipped out in favour of the 'vets'

Of course Big Dave is inept, the league table is a falsehood too! All you critics would, of course do a far better job......

The kids are showing up so well that by the end of the season Lai should be able to cash in on Harper and Field to the tune of £20m and a couple of million for the fleet footed Tulloch.

The manager is playing a blinder for Lai.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Lets hope that he continues to give them a chance and they dont have to be shipped out in favour of the 'vets'

Best comment of the night!! Lets hope Harper and Field become regulars as Brunt for one is clearly past it - can't see it though! Rather pick a kid in as well for HRK as whilst he tries, he's not good enough!
    Last edited by baggieal; 06-02-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The kids are showing up so well that by the end of the season Lai should be able to cash in on Harper and Field to the tune of £20m and a couple of million for the fleet footed Tulloch.

The manager is playing a blinder for Lai.
    Does this mean we should now not play them?

Yet another individual mistake has cost us victory tonight, surely people can't blame Moore for that, we clearly have some good young players that are improving I thought Field played well tonight Harper did some good things but clearly tired towards the end, there was clearly a plan to play some of the senior players for 45 mins, overall in both games we have done well and are pretty unlucky to go out.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Why are people worried about the tactics? Were stalemate with a Prem team. We are doing well.
    I'm sorry Boingy, but we were level with a Premier League reserve side. We had an excellent opportunity to get into Round 5 if we'd have picked a stronger Xl. Yes, I'm all for playing youngsters but we have to try and win the game as well. We needed to mix it up a bit more with youth and experience. Brighton bring on Murray and he scores twice but we leave Gayle on the bench. Fans wonder why the FA Cup isn't what it used to be; tonight showed one of the reasons why. I travelled from Leicester tonight hoping to see us go through and to be honest, I felt short changed.

Another point I'd like to make is that I thought we'd stopped playing it short from the back but the last two games have seen us go back to that system which has proved to be unsuccessful. What is the point of playing it short if we then play ourselves into trouble and have to resort to the long ball to get us out of trouble. As with selection, mix it up!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)