+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Incompetent or bent?

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    was he really that bad. For me he chose to miss Mcgregor tackle and subsequent penalty / red card. That's a massive moment so I can see where the anger is coming from. Overall I thought he was pretty much fair.
    It was a game changing decision though.
    3-3 & 10v9 for last 27 minutes.
    Massive.
    We win in all likelihood.

The hun pen was the linesman’s fault.
    He’s either bent or incompetent.
    McKenna was stupid.

The reds were reds.
    Can’t complain.
    The yellows were right too as I recall.
    Certainly our two were.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    It was a game changing decision though.
    3-3 & 10v9 for last 27 minutes.
    Massive.
    We win in all likelihood.

The hun pen was the linesman’s fault.
    He’s either bent or incompetent.
    McKenna was stupid.

The reds were reds.
    Can’t complain.
    The yellows were right too as I recall.
    Certainly our two were.
    Agreed a huge decision but we can't say we win. We definitely have a great chance though.
    Also McKenna it's a penalty. Happens in the other box and it's not given we would be doing our nut.
    2nd half all Aberdeen because they sat on their lead. We started, again, wrong set up in personnel.

After McKenna's retrospective at Blackheid I'm sure the compliance officer will act appropriately in respect of the Sevco custodian/*** offender.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    was he really that bad. For me he chose to miss Mcgregor tackle and subsequent penalty / red card. That's a massive moment so I can see where the anger is coming from. Overall I thought he was pretty much fair.
    I agree, McGregor should've walked but apart from that I don't think we can have much complaints about the officials. Supporters around me were reacting like we were being unjustly treated at every decision but not for me. One vented his 'outrage' by destroying a seat...

I was shouting "get up, ye fanny" at Ferguson from the middle of the Soother when it looked to me and everybody around me that he'd gone over an outstretched leg. The viewing angle suggested that.

Now that I've seen it on the BBC footage, though, how the **** did Madden miss that?

Those first two goals are the things of nightmare though. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I agree, McGregor should've walked but apart from that I don't think we can have much complaints about the officials. Supporters around me were reacting like we were being unjustly treated at every decision but not for me. One vented his 'outrage' by destroying a seat...
    The McGregor one was THE biggest of the game.
    In all likelihood, 3-3 with 10 v 9 for 27 minutes.

Also, as much as McKenna was stupid for the hand ball, it WAS clearly offside from the free-kick, which if we're being really nit picky, wasn't even a free-kick in the first place.
    Both decisions given (or not given) by the same inept (or corrupt) linesman

The red cards and the yellows were correct for both teams, as was our penalty.

Also, as much as McKenna was stupid for the hand ball, it WAS clearly offside from the free-kick, which if we're being really nit picky, wasn't even a free-kick in the first place.

I don't know for certain what the officiating recomendations state, but surely at the free kick which resulted in their penalty, the main stand lineman should have positioned himself in line with our defensive line, right on the edge of our box? But instead, he positioned himself nearer to the halfway line, and didn't give himself the best vantage point to see if the Sevco player was offside or not.

Otherwise, if he's not there to determine offside or not, what is his involvement at that passage of play? If we had broken upfield, then the south stand linesman could have dealt with any offsides at the other end of the field.
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 07-02-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Mostly its incompetence in my view. The only ref I've seen who I felt was 100% corrupt and a cheat was McCurry.

Dallas for example has simply been over promoted to a level at which he's not capable of reffing - all because of who his daddy is. The ability to make the right decision in a pressurised environment is key for a referee and Dallas simply hasn't got it. Collum is not far behind. The real scandal is the failure of the SFA and ref supervisors to do anything about it. People get over promoted in every walk of life, it happens, the difference is in most cases they get removed from the role when they've shown they are not up to it - not our refs though...

These refs are influenced by the baying hordes of cheek fans and that does affect their decision making. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

That's why we need VAR. Its not perfect, it wont correct everything, but it will improve things especially for the non cheek teams. The Sevco penalty would have been cancelled on review last night for example.

Its no coincidence the silence from the cheeks on VAR has been deafening. They know they benefit most from incorrect decisions and they know VAR would count against them more than it would help them out so clearly they don't want it.

It does get very tiresome seeing the same movie with the refs over and over again. The addition of the Compliance officer farce only serves to make it worse.

I think you can add in a few let offs for the SevCo team that should have been yellow

Candeias going through Ferguson near the dugout
    McRorie going through the back of Shinnie.
    Morelos getting a talking to for barging into the defender with no attempt at the ball and then doing the exact same a few moments later.

I don't think the focus on the officials mistakes (and it was a long way from being the worst performance from them this season) should detract from our own shortcomings. Those ranging from the manager picking the wrong team, to our defense standing back and admiring them for the first two goals (as they did at Hibs last weekend) to finishing the match with all of Cosgrove, Stewart, Wilson, McGinn and GMS on the park yet unable to create a chance worthy of the name (not for the first time this season against a team sitting deep).

Let's worry about our own issues before getting too distracted by Madden and co. We can at least tryto fix our own shortcomings, the incompetency/bias is here to stay I'm afraid.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast