+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Incompetent or bent?

After watching the Killie Celtic highlights I'm edging closer to bent with Madden.
    He seen both studs up challenges and carded both Brown and Broadfoot, whereas though he was staring straight at the McGregor studs up foul on Ferguson with no obstruction and nothing. And states that he hadn't seen it!

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    After watching the Killie Celtic highlights I'm edging closer to bent with Madden.
    He seen both studs up challenges and carded both Brown and Broadfoot, whereas though he was staring straight at the McGregor studs up foul on Ferguson with no obstruction and nothing. And states that he hadn't seen it!
    Was there any doubt?

See linky, bringing in Foreign referees from anywhere canna be any worse than what we currently have, worth a shout in my opinion

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47303498

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    See linky, bringing in Foreign referees from anywhere canna be any worse than what we currently have, worth a shout in my opinion

SF
    Foreign refs have been found to be corrupt as well (See Italy 2006)
    Belgian refs were arrested last year
    Going back further, I recall there was corruption in France and Germany.

Let’s see if foreign refs improve the game else are enticed by the SFA establishment to continue the diabolical standards

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

SF
    This is only rearing it's head cos Sevco and Celtic aren't happy with recent refereeing events.

For that reason, fcuk 'em. At least, keep the refs British. No need to go foreign

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    This is only rearing it's head cos Sevco and Celtic aren't happy with recent refereeing events.

For that reason, fcuk 'em. At least, keep the refs British. No need to go foreign
    Aye you actually have a point Feck, I was not really thinking about them at the time of reading the link, I was just thinking that referees in Scotland just now are basically fkn awful.
    But the fact the ugly sisters are complaining and it gets attention fkn stinks actually.
    I still think we need to try summin different and like you say, at least keep them British. canna possibly be any worse than some of the muppets we have to endure week in week out, I don't think our scottish refs are bent or corrupt at all I just think they are basically fkn eejits who dont have a fkn clue, any change has to be for the better.....

And fcuk the ugly b@st@rd sisters

SF

Absolutely they are bent and corrupt.
    If it was simply ineptitude, then the referee decisions would be balanced fairly to both teams.
    The evidence that certain clubs receive an obvious benefit means that there is bias.

I can cope with poor refereeing, it’s extremly difficult, but at least be honest and fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

I'm with you. The refs are just pish like most of the players up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I'm with you. The refs are just pish like most of the players up here.
    If they were just pish, they'd be equally pish to both teams on the field

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Absolutely they are bent and corrupt.
    If it was simply ineptitude, then the referee decisions would be balanced fairly to both teams.
    The evidence that certain clubs receive an obvious benefit means that there is bias.

I can cope with poor refereeing, it’s extremly difficult, but at least be honest and fair.
    If acceding to 45K of baying Sevco or Celtic fans due to fear of reprisals, is classed as bent and corrupt, then that is exactly what the refs are.

It's already an uneven playing field due to their superior finances, but we accept that as it's the law of the jungle. What we can't accept is the uneven field being made even more uneven.

As someone who has been pressed into refeering games at juvenile level lately, which I hate, I can now recognise what a difficult jobs the refs have. But as was said above, all we ask for is a modicum of balance, which we certainly aren't getting just now.

And as for Sevco's latest statement regarding refeering, and the current appeals system...........

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast