+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Is Meadowhall on the slippery slope?

O/T Is Meadowhall on the slippery slope?

They say that what goes around comes around. After playing a major role in the decline of high streets in Rotherham and Sheffield, is Meadowhall now going to struggle in the face of on-line shopping?. There are currently more than a dozen empty shops in Meadowhall and the situation is unlikely to improve any time soon. HMV has now closed it's doors.
    All it would take to start a real domino effect is the closure of one of the flagship department stores like Debenhams or House of Fraser. And we all know how well these two are doing.

Could very well happen. Can't say as I would miss the place, its awful.

I read in the Mirror a few months ago that shopping malls all over the world are closing at an alarming rate. So it could be a case of when, not if.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    I read in the Mirror a few months ago that shopping malls all over the world are closing at an alarming rate. So it could be a case of when, not if.
    We can but hope!

It will just become another Amazonia Mall with Amazon Books, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Coffee, Amazon Movies...etc

Amazon Rain Forest would be better

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It will just become another Amazonia Mall with Amazon Books, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Coffee, Amazon Movies...etc
    Amaze-on progress that company has made. Would be nice if they paid some tax now and then

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Amaze-on progress that company has made. Would be nice if they paid some tax now and then
    That's just when they Do pay it.

On-line shopping, on-line sport, on-line dating, work from home. Future generations won't ever have to leave the house at all.
    Sounds a bit grim to me.

Only shop I liked in Meadowhall was the GT News magazine shop (there was one in Sheffield as well), loads of different magazines you couldn't get anywhere else, this was pre-internet of course.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast