+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darren Moore

Darren Moore

Where do i begin? Love the bloke, and i like the style he is trying to instill in our side, also i was quite impressed with our youngsters last night considering a couple of them were only about 16.

But his substitutions last night were the worst i have ever seen in all my years watching football.
    Rodriguez was having a good game, looked threatening, and is our leading scorer and best penalty taker. These things alone could have made a difference if the game went to penalties. Darren didn't think so and substituted him for a centre half. I still don't believe i saw that.
    Then when Dawson had been on for 20 mins he took him off for another centre half.
    It was a fair bet the game would go into extra time but we used three subs before the 90 mins were up and the fouth one at the start of extra time, leaving us with 10 men for the majority of extra time.
    Surely anyone with any common sense would play the kids first then bring on the big hitters when the kids tire?
    It's not the first time his substitutions have cost us this season. With the squad we have we should be top of the division.
    Baggie Boiler would have made a better job of the tactics last night.
    They give out these badges to dense people like Moore the same way The Wizard of Oz gave a "brain" to the Scarecrow.

Darren is unusual by the fact that not many people are actually as thick as they look.

Oh and Bartley will never be a defender while he has a hole up his arse.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Where do i begin? Love the bloke, and i like the style he is trying to instill in our side, also i was quite impressed with our youngsters last night considering a couple of them were only about 16.

But his substitutions last night were the worst i have ever seen in all my years watching football.
    Rodriguez was having a good game, looked threatening, and is our leading scorer and best penalty taker. These things alone could have made a difference if the game went to penalties. Darren didn't think so and substituted him for a centre half. I still don't believe i saw that.
    Then when Dawson had been on for 20 mins he took him off for another centre half.
    It was a fair bet the game would go into extra time but we used three subs before the 90 mins were up and the fouth one at the start of extra time, leaving us with 10 men for the majority of extra time.
    Surely anyone with any common sense would play the kids first then bring on the big hitters when the kids tire?
    It's not the first time his substitutions have cost us this season. With the squad we have we should be top of the division.
    Baggie Boiler would have made a better job of the tactics last night.
    They give out these badges to dense people like Moore the same way The Wizard of Oz gave a "brain" to the Scarecrow.

Darren is unusual by the fact that not many people are actually as thick as they look.

Oh and Bartley will never be a defender while he has a hole up his arse.
    If you consider the points Big Dave has lost us - poor team formation - poor team selections and dreadful subs, together with that useless keeper Johnstone - we would be walking away with the league!!

But he’s a nice guy and no doubt Bartley will come on Saturday as CM!!! Complete joke!

I love you Des....”not many people are actually as thick as they look”.....:-))

Moore always looks like he’s desperately searching for a brain cell everytime he speaks.

Mind you.......fast speech is no marker as to intelligence.......Don Howe had verbal incontinence which was reflected in his football!

We must ask ourselves whether it is right to have someone who is stilll learning his trade being at the helm at this crucial moment in time.

A lot of people will say that he has done well to get us to the position we are in at the moment with a chance of promotion still up for grabs. However, I strongly believe that with a more tactically aware manager in charge we would be in a prime position to be getting an automatic spot secured especially considering the squad we have.

This is an important season for us as I believe that if we don't bounce straight back up this year then we will definitely lose players at the end of the season and that will make promotion more difficult in the future.

Big D has a lot to offer our club but maybe not at the sharp end at this moment in time.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    We must ask ourselves whether it is right to have someone who is stilll learning his trade being at the helm at this crucial moment in time.

A lot of people will say that he has done well to get us to the position we are in at the moment with a chance of promotion still up for grabs. However, I strongly believe that with a more tactically aware manager in charge we would be in a prime position to be getting an automatic spot secured especially considering the squad we have.

This is an important season for us as I believe that if we don't bounce straight back up this year then we will definitely lose players at the end of the season and that will make promotion more difficult in the future.

Big D has a lot to offer our club but maybe not at the sharp end at this moment in time.
    You would have to try very hard to make those decisions he made last night, to make people believe he didn't do it on purpose.

Remember when we were two down at Sheff Wed and he took off our two strikers, Gayle and Rod and brought on two midfielders? A bit of Harvey brilliance got him out of that mess and got us a point we didn't deserve.

The bloke is totally inept at making even the most basic decisions. He makes Inspector Clouseau look like Columbo.

I have written before about this DM is not good enough to get us out this or any season.

But this season is our best chance as squad will be a lot weaker next season

Look at Leeds , Norwich, Sheff United , Notts Forest, the Vile even M/borough-I know reaction to that- but is DM anywhere near as good as their managers?

We have a squad and great youngsters now pushing but DM is just not up to the task of getting us out this season or ever.

The evidence is there- every game- bad subs, bad mistakes and still a belief our defenders are Man City/Barca quality- they are NOT

High press our back 4 and ooops a disaster waiting to happen

But back to the issue DM is just not good enough.

WE won't get out this season or ever with him in charge.

I still think we're in a good place. We've given some awful goals away this season which has cost us points, but this is going to happen when you try and change our style of play.

I thought he got his premeditated subs wrong last night, but it was clear he had Saturdays game in mind because its a more important game.

Again, had we not conceded a really sloppy equalising goal we would have come away thinking how right Moore got it by playing the kids and nicking a win. And he almost got it very right.

Yes, he makes mistakes. I don't think we will ever have a manager that doesn't. The easy argument is to say he's not experienced, but experienced managers make plenty of mistakes too. Pardew is a great example.

We're still in with a great shout for promotion. And I think he's done a pretty good job under the circumstances.

i'm happy with the set up and I was one of the ones who was worried about Big Dave's lack of experience. He's getting tons of respect from pundits and managers.....but of course on here all we get is knee jerk reactions to any loss....because we shouldn't be losing at all should we? No one has every quality you need to be another Alex Ferguson.....In fact will we ever see another Alex Ferguson?...I doubt it very much. Calls to replace Moore are way off the mark at this moment in time.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    i'm happy with the set up and I was one of the ones who was worried about Big Dave's lack of experience. He's getting tons of respect from pundits and managers.....but of course on here all we get is knee jerk reactions to any loss....because we shouldn't be losing at all should we? No one has every quality you need to be another Alex Ferguson.....In fact will we ever see another Alex Ferguson?...I doubt it very much. Calls to replace Moore are way off the mark at this moment in time.
    Totally agree Boingy, if my memory serves me correct but wasn't Fergy on the verge of the sack in his first season in charge at Manure?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    Totally agree Boingy, if my memory serves me correct but wasn't Fergy on the verge of the sack in his first season in charge at Manure?
    Yes he was a game away....The rest is history. When you look at everything Moore gives us I think we would really lose out signing someone who's heart isn't with the club like Moores is. Most managers these days are only after the money. Moore loves this club. I also like Jones being involved with his Belgium experience. These are exciting times if we can all be patient enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)