+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Q O S roll call match thread and sh1te

Judge ye as ye may, and undoubtably will, like I gie a fυck onywye, if it comes doon tae a choice atween gettin gubbed by Timmy, or any ither 'dirty **** XI' ... in the quarters, and gettin gubbed by Timmy, or any ither 'dirty **** XI' in the final, then ... cry me a daft **** aa ye like, but ... if the only way is 'gubbed', then .. let it be the final.

Yep, wid rather be the bride than the bridesmaid, but ... wid rather be the bridesmaid than the fυckin taxi driver! .... and .. hey ... revelation? If ye want tae win the cup, ye need tae GET TAE THE fυckin FINAL!!! ... (doh!).

Onywye .... shiτe first half earlier, good second half, but still festerin wi shiτe passin. Canna accept that poor team selection is a factor. Regardless o' the fact Queens had a constant '10 behind the ba'' ... the team put on the pitch are more than capable o' overcomin that challenge ... but ... they (in the first half) were, almost to a man, ... shiτe! .... Nithin tae dae wi formation, selection, balance ... they looked like they couldna be arsed ... and had never passed a ba' in their life.

If McInnes has onythin tae dae wi' the fact that at least 7 outflield players performed like it wis their first day in a new job, and were jist gettin tae ken their new colleagues, then .... sack the ****!

... Ah suspect otherwise. Rather, Ah suspect there's a dangerous complacency factor regardin some o' oor mair experienced players, despite the fact they should be those maist aware o' previous embarrassments against 'lowly' opposition in cup games.

Nae disputin the influence o' McGinn ... Ah love the guy, and great tae see his 'wheels in motion' ... but ... even in that 4 goal, dominatin 2nd half ... so many slack passes, naive moves, repeated solo attempts at gettin past 3 guys, and inevitably losin oot, periods o play where countless passes were successfully strung, but never resulting in a position of advantage/opportunity.

Good on Queens for makin it hard for us ... although 4-1 might say itherwise, but over the piece, I think the guys in red on the pitch made it harder.

Noo .. Ah'm generally a happy clapperish kinda guy ... but ... pass marks only tae Lewis, MgGinnigan, Hoban, Ferguson, Lowe and Cosiiiiiii!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Hopefully we do get to the final and dare I say, lift silverware
    That’s you jinxed it again and now made it impossible for the once michty to go up the Hampden steps and lift the silverware.
    SaCk jAcKJaRvIs

Anyone hear the commentator in the first half say that we

"****ed Dundee"

during the first half?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Anyone hear the commentator in the first half say that we

"****ed Dundee"

during the first half?
    Yip, so did the wife. Not enough effin and jeffin on the BBC on a Sunday afternoon as far as im concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Yip, so did the wife. Not enough effin and jeffin on the BBC on a Sunday afternoon as far as im concerned.
    I got sent a video of it but can't post it. Can't work out if he meant something else but doesn't sound like he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I got sent a video of it but can't post it. Can't work out if he meant something else but doesn't sound like he did.
    He said thumped. It does sound dodgy. The fact that he kept apologizing for the language coming from the south stand due to the excellent quality of microphone made me laugh. I don't know about you, but I've never heard the national broadcaster apologize for thousands of the unwashed singing their songs and it being clearly heard. Hypocritical *******s. Maybe sweary words when used in sectarian ditty is fair game.

Ah, listened to it back and you are right. Shame.

I know I said last week that I wouldn't say any more about Stevie May... BUT...

the game yesterday just proved my point. Why on earth would you play May and Stewart in the same team, meaning one of them has to play wide? They can both only play centrally just off the striker - Stewart is a much better option as he has creativity and scoring threat, which May doesn't.

Play Cosgrove up top with Stewart behind him and GMS and McGinn on the wings.
    Wilson can come on and play in any of those 4 positions I'd say, and McLennan can come on and play either wide position.
    Stevie May is someone I wouldn't start and can't see any reason you'd ever bring him on as he's not the type who will change a game for you.

Disclaimer: as I've said previously, I'm not knocking the lads effort - he puts plenty effort in, he's just not effective in doing what we need him to be doing, and shoehorning him in is detremental to other positions.

Completely agree with this. May has had more than enough opportunities, 8 goals in something like 63 games says it all, it's not as if he is supplying assists either. If all we are wanting is someone to run around and put in effort then I believe that Usain Bolt is looking for a game.

Stewart has to be played through the middle to get the best out of him albeit he had the sevco left back on toast playing wide last week. The only thing I might disagree with is I would be inclined to start McLennan ahead of GMS as GMS has barely kicked a ball since he has come back. A couple of games coming off the bench would do him no harm

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Stewart has to be played through the middle to get the best out of him albeit he had the sevco left back on toast playing wide last week. The only thing I might disagree with is I would be inclined to start McLennan ahead of GMS as GMS has barely kicked a ball since he has come back. A couple of games coming off the bench would do him no harm
    Yes, this is the key point. Stewart in the centre, albeit with the freedom to roam a little - and with two wide players playing wide. I thought GMS did fairly well against Rangers, but I wouldn't be unhappy at McLennan getting more game time too. If we've got out and out wingers, plus a creative player like Stewart through the centre, and the target man cosgrove up top, it gives us a variety of different ways we can attack and create chances.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast