+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More grim reading .....

Worrying figures. All credit to the board who according to GN turned down bids for a number of players in the January window. The TV money from Sunday against Aberdeen will be most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Worrying times I’d say Spike.
    Sure are Arrol and no obvious solution on the immediate horizon although the cash from Sundays game will temporarily ease the situation short term. Currently the club is not self sustaining that much is clear but the BoD must be applauded for keeping us above water but only just.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Sure are Arrol and no obvious solution on the immediate horizon although the cash from Sundays game will temporarily ease the situation short term. Currently the club is not self sustaining that much is clear but the BoD must be applauded for keeping us above water but only just.

all the more reason after seeing these figures is to try get to the premier asap where the tv money alone even for the bottom club dwarfs who finishes top of the championship plus position where a team finishes dwarfs the leaders of the championship ,and all the big crowd teams that come with the top flight ,the way i see it is as some have pointed out we cant sustain our current position forever so we either take a backwards step at some point or try to take a forward step ,doing the stagnation way will only slowly bleed us to death .and before anyone says wheres the money coming from ,simple answer ,who ever runs the club ,and if thay cant afford to do it ,i havnt a clue .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 08-02-2019 at 12:30 PM.

on the other hand taking a backwards step will only cripple us for good ,as crowds would fade away with the quality of player .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    all the more reason after seeing these figures is to try get to the premier asap where the tv money alone even for the bottom club dwarfs who finishes top of the championship plus position where a team finishes dwarfs the leaders of the championship ,and all the big crowd teams that come with the top flight ,the way i see it is as some have pointed out we cant sustain our current position forever so we either take a backwards step at some point or try to take a forward step ,doing the stagnation way will only slowly bleed us to death .and before anyone says wheres the money coming from ,simple answer ,who ever runs the club ,and if thay cant afford to do it ,i havnt a clue .
    Excuse me Francis but do you really think that the club is not trying to get to the Premier League? There are doing the very best on very limited resources which is costing the club plenty of money as evident by today's poor financial returns. Your record is clearly broken and by constantly making the same point is becoming very tiresome indeed. We have all got your message and the people at the club are giving their all whilst the Dumfries public seem uninterested in their hame team.

I wonder if the JT settlement is included in these latest figures? Also the failed concert organised by Victoria Thomson ?
    I’m quite concerned that she is sniffing about Palmerston after helping drag the clubs name through the gutter. Her personal registration white Range Rover is parked next to the Chairman’s on a near daily basis and it’s reported she’s been seen & heard bossing a couple of the employees around in the office.

She’s needs to depart the building for good IMO.

Excuse me Francis but do you really think that the club is not trying to get to the Premier League? There are doing the very best on very limited resources which is costing the club plenty of money as evident by today's poor financial returns. Your record is clearly broken and by constantly making the same point is becoming very tiresome indeed. We have all got your message and the people at the club are giving their all whilst the Dumfries public seem uninterested in their hame team.
    Nail on the head.

yep spike its frustrating tho ,watching from the outside ,everyone knows whats needed ,but i cant see many solutions arising ,loss after loss each season is worrying ,maybe the aberdeen game with the tv cash will offset this loss ,we could really do to get through this tie ,guys attracting the dumfries public to watch queens could well get a wee shot in the arm for a few seasons like it did in 2008 if we get through this scottish cup tie as like before some new blood will start coming along for a while .

Football activities 2017 £861,214
    Football activities 2018 £621,467

a massive difference of £239,747

I’ve always wondered what all football activities actually includes ? Anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    Football activities 2017 £861,214
    Football activities 2018 £621,467

a massive difference of £239,747

I’ve always wondered what all football activities actually includes ? Anyone ?

its everything football related mate ,from kids teams to full team and side tourneys friendlies everything ,thay must have cut some things over the last year and looks like was needed .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)