+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The anti-football thread.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Sounds like denial to me , if you don't miss it then you never got it to start with in my opinion .
    And if i never got it in the first place....so what?

It's all so idiotic.....

Anyway it sounds as though my shooting was a lot more accurate than the millers today.

But that is the particularly frightening bit animallittle3 - fans simply accept it and submit to it. It is worse than the scam that Europe's monasteries used to run for centuries - a scam that made them trillions (in today's terms) out of the gullible masses. However at least their "mugs" weren't aware that they were victims of a big scam (for those who are not aware how monasteries amassed their incredible wealth, monks used to sell their expensive services praying for the souls of their customers - people who could afford it who just wanted to save themselves the chore of having to do their own praying).

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Evening Gm. Hope you are well?

I had a lovely day.

I had to go to town around mid day. Saw a few Rotherham fans behaving like louts outside one of the town centre pubs, singing and being obscene.

It's funny now I have given up football, how immature that sort of behaviour seems. It got me thinking to how supporters in the 50's celebrated goals....none of the oafish bouncing up and down and piling on top of each other that we see today....just polite applause and at its most demonstrative, maybe two arms in the air. Why do people have to go mental nowadays over a game of sport?

All I can say is it is a bit like being sober and seeing how silly everyone else is when they are drunk. All this nonsense about a game of football is all a bit pathetic really.

Anyway with the money I saved from not going to the match and buying a programme, pie etc, I bought the missus a bunch of flowers. Let's just say she rewarded me well for my thoughtfulness. I got out of bed around 3.20pm. I was tempted to look at my phone but I thought, why spoil my day? I felt content and happy.

I didn't know the score until I saw my neighbour around 5.20pm. He had been to the match. He told me it was "woeful" "depressing" "no atmosphere" "no quality whatsoever".

Really glad I missed it. Also looking forward to not watching match of the day. I think the missus might be showing her gratitude again later.

Just regretting that I didn't do this years ago. I could have done something constructive with all that money.....maybe I could have opened a florist?
    I’m well thanks IBS, although the game has taken its toll mentally, more than a 3 week banking convention !

My brother always said abstention was good for the soul, but I thought he was mental as he was a vegan..perhaps he has something.

I know this sounds crass and inappropriate but can I purchase your Iceland flag

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I’m well thanks IBS, although the game has taken its toll mentally, more than a 3 week banking convention !

My brother always said abstention was good for the soul, but I thought he was mental as he was a vegan..perhaps he has something.

I know this sounds crass and inappropriate but can I purchase your Iceland flag
    The flag is with Arnason.

Quote Originally Posted by vaterland_miller View Post
    But that is the particularly frightening bit animallittle3 - fans simply accept it and submit to it. It is worse than the scam that Europe's monasteries used to run for centuries - a scam that made them trillions (in today's terms) out of the gullible masses. However at least their "mugs" weren't aware that they were victims of a big scam (for those who are not aware how monasteries amassed their incredible wealth, monks used to sell their expensive services praying for the souls of their customers - people who could afford it who just wanted to save themselves the chore of having to do their own praying).
    Trying to compare the support and love we give to our clubs in relation to other things in life is a flawed view in my opinion .

You can't compare this thing to anything or even make sense of it , it's ridiculous .

We all live on the occasional good season , the majority of the time it's hard going but you keep going just to experience the times when it all comes right .

You can dine off such times for years , it's The Eagles Hotel California , you can check out anytime you want but you can't leave .

Some of the greatest moments in my life were spent watching my club , wouldn't have swapped it for a million quid because you can't buy those moments .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Trying to compare the support and love we give to our clubs in relation to other things in life is a flawed view in my opinion .

You can't compare this thing to anything or even make sense of it , it's ridiculous .

We all live on the occasional good season , the majority of the time it's hard going but you keep going just to experience the times when it all comes right .

You can dine off such times for years , it's The Eagles Hotel California , you can check out anytime you want but you can't leave .

Some of the greatest moments in my life were spent watching my club , wouldn't have swapped it for a million quid because you can't buy those moments .
    Animal can you contribute something usefull? Do you know where Arnies flag is?

It’s a collectors item, I’ll fly to fortitude to get it

Of course you get great pleasure from your bond to your team. That is exactly what makes exploiting your bond a very effective means of extracting money from you.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Animal can you contribute something usefull? Do you know where Arnies flag is?

It’s a collectors item, I’ll fly to fortitude to get it
    Animal sounds a bit unsettled to me gm.....I think he may have pulled back the curtain and discovered the wizard.

At first he will react to the fact that he has wasted a large part of his life on the illusion of modern football, by being an even bigger fan. He might even go to even more away matches. Eventually though the repressed trauma will resurface and he will realise that watching football is for fools.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

I didn't know the score until I saw my neighbour around 5.20pm. He had been to the match. He told me it was "woeful" "depressing" "no atmosphere" "no quality whatsoever".

Feck me they have quick flights back to the USA nowadays!

Been back in England since, New year Roly.

Back to the states early March for a month.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast