+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Versus Sheffield Utd

Versus Sheffield Utd

Confirmed line up

Kalinic
    Hutton (c)
    Mings
    Elphick
    Taylor

Jedinak
    McGinn
    Hourihane

El Ghazi
    Kodija

Abraham

Hutton.gets the armband and Kalinic is hoping for two clean sheets in a row.

A win takes us above the scum but little else.

Last 3 head to heads

Sheffield utd 4 - 0 Villa
    Sheffield utd 0 - 1 Villa
    Villa 2 - 2 Sheffield utd
    Last edited by samhubball; 08-02-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Kalinic - turd
    Hutton (c) -turd
    Mings -turd
    Elphick -turd
    Taylor -turd

Jedinak -old turd
    McGinn
    Hourihane

El Ghazi -turd
    Kodija

Abraham - not ours.

Wanted: turd polisher.

Blimey what a come back!

Yes it was... I may have been too quick with my turd awards. Especially with the second goal for Billy the fish.

Kalinic isn't very confident tho is he

Sam buddy

For long periods I was watching from behind our settee & my language was on the far side of blue

I received a final warning from my better half prior to my being shown a yellow card as Sharp scored his second goal

Kalinic – For turd read alarming 3

Hutton (c) – For turd read troubling 4

Mings -– For turd read distinct improvement on forcing full backs to play @ centre half
    the look on his face when he went in to head his goal was determination epitomised 7

Elphick -– For turd read steady considering the way Bruce fcuked him about he aint been too shabby 5.5

Taylor -– For turd read poop 2.5

Jedinak -– For turd read totally bypassed hasn't the legs to provide the defensive protection 3

McGinn– read Tenacious leaves nothing out on the pitch great ball for Andre Green to snatch our late equaliser 6.5

Hourihane– sloppy in possession 4.5

El Ghazi – For turd read poor luke warm 3

Kodija read careless always looking for the “Hollywood” option 2.5

Abraham - not ours but grateful to Chelsea for the loan of him the authentical decent guy 5.5

Marks out of 10

Looks like I chose the wrong week to give up alcohol eh ?

Sntached from the jaws of defeat. Ee didnt deserve anything really BUT i am sure it will feel like a win and give the players a big confidense boost. Thats what we need goi g into the last 15 games. You need bottle sheff utf bottled it so did the ref, 3 offences in their 2nd goal. Offside, studs up and dangerous play kucking it out of the keepers hands. At 0-1 i still thought we could win this game.
    MOTM for me...Hutton, never stopped and showed the way as captain ' Never say Die'

Spelling, sorry team my eyes are on the way out!☹

After decades of watching Villa capitulate it’s strange seeing it happen the other way round.......and who would have thought Glenn Whelan could change the course of a match? There are many words to describe being a Villa fan but ‘dull’ isn’t one of them.

I can tell my Grandchildren I was one of the last 238 fans left standing on the Holte when the last goal went in.

BB I was one of the last up in the Doug Ellis too mate, 4 lads from Ireland left on 80 mins

Have to say the noise from those left was immense. I was baffled though at how we started the game which set the tone for the evening, no movement or showing for the ball, no pressing when they had possession. It wasn't them that were excellent, we were shockingly bad and looked really nervy. I don't mind losing as long as we've worked hard for 95 mins and tried to win with everything we have in our locker.

Had we played with the purpose we had at 3-1, we'd have won that game - this league is wide open & we should be doing much better with this squad.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)