+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: DFCSS rears its ugly head again

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Regardless of the cost Islay what will actually have been paid for will have been the legally required audit of the accounts (bloody FCA) and not a 'set of accounts' which will, of course, have been prepared FOC by the society's accountant.

But hey, when people have agendas they'll pretty much misrepresent anything they can I suppose. Fortunately the vast majority of us on here are too intelligent to accept that kind of nonsense and you're absolutely right to question this fabrication. I don't think you'll get an answer of course.
    I suggest you start reading the minutes your society produces instead of making a rip-roaring **** of yourself like some toddler caught wearing their mum's make-up then denying it was them

"Since the last AGM in June 2017 the Board has implemented the agreed change to the auditing arrangements with a move from a ‘full audit’ to an ‘Independent Examination’ of the accounts. This change has been successfully implemented,has resulted in a saving of approximately £3,000,and has not compromised any aspect of the Society’s financial control and reporting. "

Hope the FCA were notified

ps. they've been paying £1500 for accounts these past few years so make that £5500 for a set of accounts on a turnover of £17k. Bleeding themselves dry producing accounts for about a grand's worth of expenditure on medals and trophies, what a farce
    Last edited by Taintedice; 11-02-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Hi hmac,
    As you well know hindsight is a wonderful thing but you should remember that everybody from the Dundee Football Club board of directors downwards were ‘hell bent’ on getting promotion to the Premier League come what may.
    What do you think would have happened if the two DFCSS representatives on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited had objected to the ‘out of control’ spending on players well in advance of Admin 2 in October 2010.
    Their life would not have been worth living and they would have received the blame for the Club remaining stuck in the Championship or lower.
    What I think could’ve happened is action could be taken earlier and admin avoided. You’re right about hindsight though

The one thing this thread proves is you cant ever please everyone.
    The season ticket and gate prices should be cheaper this could be achieved by a stable club/manager who could lower the playing budget like half the spl seem to do easily.
    The oap thing is a hard one,for every well aff oap there is probably many more struggling to get by,should we bin the concession price and lose possibly fans of over 50 years? its a no for me.
    Its also time the club made the majority of games "kids for a quid" get a bit of life in the crowd and kids provide that,also helps get a few adults back to take them.We should be trying to get as many in the ground as possible esp playing accies,st mirren,fermers,well etc.

Simple £200 for all adults including OAP ( still cheaper than they pay now) 3k fans
    £100 for 16-21 year olds 1.5k fans
    £50 under 16 2k fans

Worth a go, then we can charge what we want at gate, these prices would still be attractive to those who can’t make every game

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Simple £200 for all adults including OAP ( still cheaper than they pay now) 3k fans
    £100 for 16-21 year olds 1.5k fans
    £50 under 16 2k fans

Worth a go, then we can charge what we want at gate, these prices would still be attractive to those who can’t make every game
    Yup,that would def work imo.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    The one thing this thread proves is you cant ever please everyone.
    The season ticket and gate prices should be cheaper this could be achieved by a stable club/manager who could lower the playing budget like half the spl seem to do easily.
    The oap thing is a hard one,for every well aff oap there is probably many more struggling to get by,should we bin the concession price and lose possibly fans of over 50 years? its a no for me.
    Its also time the club made the majority of games "kids for a quid" get a bit of life in the crowd and kids provide that,also helps get a few adults back to take them.We should be trying to get as many in the ground as possible esp playing accies,st mirren,fermers,well etc.
    eric STOP talking sense ffs ;-)

Club wud lose around 200k on those figures, we would need around 1000 more adults around 7500 season tic holders, that's out of reach. I do think we could eventually get to 6k though.

The club cud do research though to find an optimum figure.

I also wonder if the club could get insurance if they tried this to cover some of the potential losses. Even get a sponsor to pay for the insurance policy. I can dream.

I think fans would respond if there was a real effort from the club to trust the fans to back them.....But but but at the back of my mind I've got a wee Deeranged reminding me the yanks don't give a ****. I'd love for them to prove different.

I don't see why auld ****s should get it cheaper than they do now. Boooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Club wud lose around 200k on those figures, we would need around 1000 more adults around 7500 season tic holders, that's out of reach. I do think we could eventually get to 6k though.

The club cud do research though to find an optimum figure.

I also wonder if the club could get insurance if they tried this to cover some of the potential losses. Even get a sponsor to pay for the insurance policy. I can dream.

I think fans would respond if there was a real effort from the club to trust the fans to back them.....But but but at the back of my mind I've got a wee Deeranged reminding me the yanks don't give a ****. I'd love for them to prove different.

I don't see why auld ****s should get it cheaper than they do now. Boooo.
    Is the clubs season ticket revenue published?

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Is the clubs season ticket revenue published?
    Based on Bcrams rough figs posted earlier in thread.

Club knows though Eric hence why they shud do the research or engage with DSA or dare I say Dfcss to help.

Pivotal close season for our club....we can try to stay ahead of the pack in terms of numbers or sink into to the Perth, Partick, Morton like abyss.

How many of the 3.5l season tickets pay full price, kids are free at the moment, I reckon about 1.5k pay £350, 1k free 1k con session price so probably take in about £725-£750k, I’ll stand corrected,

Why not start a savings scheme where people can save towards the following seasons ticket, ie when in shop you put a few ££’s away

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)