+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: DFCSS rears its ugly head again

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    They just need an owner if they walk they don't have any emotional ties (even if they did that counts for little these days). I think they wud want to stop hemoraging money and if no development no prospect of making money.

I'm not teasing at all it's my belief that there are some within that organisation who wud be willing to accept just about anything if it meant control.

It bewilders me that some think everything is ticking along I think we are in a very very precarious position.

A euro lottery winner with blue blood an affinity with Dens and a dislike of my untidy hoses and strewn rubbish is what we need.
    Just thought the idea that any Dee would rather we played at Tannadice if it meant that
    FPS were to move on was so far fetched I thought you were joking. I have not heard a single member of DFCSS suggest that the society would want to take over the majority shareholding currently held by FPS.

I think we are in a stronger situation than before the January window, but agree that things are precarious.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Hope not Rross. Always been the best way to bring in additional income to support the playing side IMO. Think the A shares issue has been parked and from what has been said there is support for the move to Campy from DFCSS. My impression, but obviously there are other opinions available!
    No more than 40 members blocked the move to Nou Campy, staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    No more than 40 members blocked the move to Nou Campy, staggering.
    For the record if you carefully read Shaded’s post you see that the board of DFCSS are NOT against a move to Campy Nou.
    Incidentally according to the Companies House website the A shares were issued to Dee4Life now DFCSS on 26th January 2008 which is more than two and a half years before we entered Admin 2 on 14th October 2010.

Can you not even see what's wrong with your thinking? DFCSS should be an irrelevance but due to them amending the articles before they were booted out, they are still causing major issues? 40 members, 40, are stopping the move, in their minds. FPS ultimately will ignore them, there will be no conversations, then DFCSS can sue, if they have any money left. And thanks for confirming DFCSS could have prevented admin 2 but decided not to. Wonder why.
    Last edited by Taintedice; 10-02-2019 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Can you not even see what's wrong with your thinking? DFCSS should be an irrelevance but due to them amending the articles before they were booted out, they are still causing major issues? 40 members, 40, are stopping the move, in their minds. FPS ultimately will ignore them, there will be no conversations, then DFCSS can sue, if they have any money left. And thanks for confirming DFCSS could have prevented admin 2 but decided not to. Wonder why.
    How could they have prevented Admin 2. The club had creditors totalling over £2 Million when they went into administration on 14th October 2010. If Calum Melville had not pulled the plug on his funding which was rumoured to be £150,000 per month (£1.8 Million pounds per annum) Admin 2 would never have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    How could they have prevented Admin 2. The club had creditors totalling over £2 Million when they went into administration on 14th October 2010. If Calum Melville had not pulled the plug on his funding which was rumoured to be £150,000 per month (£1.8 Million pounds per annum) Admin 2 would never have happened.
    There were lots of things they could do, as shareholders and board members. They could have, for example, raised money to plug funding shortfalls, they could have, for example, shouted about the situation if it was that bad. They could’ve , for example, objected to the spending on players far in advance of admin.

What’s odd in all this for me is that all hindsight financial experts at dfcss said they would never let it happen again that we were dependent on goodwill if a single owner to pay the bills.

What’s different about today ?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Just thought the idea that any Dee would rather we played at Tannadice if it meant that
    FPS were to move on was so far fetched I thought you were joking. I have not heard a single member of DFCSS suggest that the society would want to take over the majority shareholding currently held by FPS.

I think we are in a stronger situation than before the January window, but agree that things are precarious.
    I'm very pessimistic about the club's future b cram.

We have lost 25% of our regular home support over the last 3 years and I think we are running about in ever decreasing circles with no real purpose or direction as a club.

Another ***** home game a week on Friday but how many will we get in at £30 a pop live on the telly.....possibly sub 3.5k.

I also think we are in line for an unprecedented drop in season ticket sales at the end of the season.

No idea why the word vita l is starred out.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'm very pessimistic about the club's future b cram.

We have lost 25% of our regular home support over the last 3 years and I think we are running about in ever decreasing circles with no real purpose or direction as a club.

Another ***** home game a week on Friday but how many will we get in at £30 a pop live on the telly.....possibly sub 3.5k.

I also think we are in line for an unprecedented drop in season ticket sales at the end of the season.
    Absolutely agree with this.

The pricing policy is a disgrace, designed to maximize income from the old firm and completely ignorant of the needs of home fans. £30 on a Friday night for a game on TV against Hibs however is nothing short of scandalous. As soon as the game was targeted for TV surely the category should have been reduced or another offer designed to entice both sets of supporters made?

In a city that's been devastated by job losses recently I don't see many non season ticket holding Dundee fans attending this game. If it doesn't change I can see up to another 10% drop in fan interest for next season.

FPS have done a lot right for our club but there are some things they have massively wrong and categorization / pricing is major among them IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Absolutely agree with this.

The pricing policy is a disgrace, designed to maximize income from the old firm and completely ignorant of the needs of home fans. £30 on a Friday night for a game on TV against Hibs however is nothing short of scandalous. As soon as the game was targeted for TV surely the category should have been reduced or another offer designed to entice both sets of supporters made?

In a city that's been devastated by job losses recently I don't see many non season ticket holding Dundee fans attending this game. If it doesn't change I can see up to another 10% drop in fan interest for next season.

FPS have done a lot right for our club but there are some things they have massively wrong and categorization / pricing is major among them IMO.
    I'm not wanting to take this off topic but I think 10% would be a result at the moment, I think it will be closer to 50% than 10% and if we are relegated there is no bottom number.

I'd like to think there are plans in place to stop this but I know there won't be...i can see myself, your continued assertion that the yanks don't really care and other anecdotal evidence that nothing will be done.

If they continue with the ABC games they have to make the season ticket price irresistible not to take up....they won't...Dens will continue to crumble.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)