+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: DFCSS rears its ugly head again

Not uncommon for fans to get bored of mostly losing in the top flight compared to chasing a fizzy league title. If the club get it wrong again in the summer you won't be far off the mark. A new stadium would/could introduce new opportunities but 80% doubt that will happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Have said plenty times before, the club would be as happy with 2,000 people paying £500 for a season ticket as they would be with 3,000 paying £300. They'd be happy to milk those at the higher end of earnings that can afford it, continually penalising them financially as more and more at the lower end drop out, until even the higher earners will say '**** that'. I have to say I'm close to saying '**** that' (again) and actually meaning it this time. I have my limit and I think next season might require more than that limit to secure my season ticket.

The lessening of the value doesn't help either, I'm missing more and more games that are midweek / Friday night now and the idea that a significant part of nearly £400 can be considered a 'donation' to the club is difficult for me to comprehend.

500 season ticket holders at £700 a skull might not be too pie the sky thinking mate except that to raise the necessary comparable budget the 500 would be forking out £2,000 each to sit in a crumbling Dens, watching more ****e and wondering how the **** we can't just get a £200 shed from B&Q to store hoses in.
    Spot on Deeranged. The variable KO times really does undermine the principle of a ST. Think they should consider playing all games at 3pm on a Sat regardless of whether it is on TV or not. Gives a guarantee to the ST holders which should be the most important consideration for every club.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    The problem seems to me to be the ridiculous turnover of players every season/window. Must be on average 6 or 7 players being paid off by each successive manager, and manager/staff payoffs as well. If Nelms actually manages to appoint a decent manager in the summer, they have almost a blank canvas. Get it right, make those savings and it may be possible. Can't see prices ever being reduced, though, not even if its relegation.
    Great shout, Taintedice. We seem to be paying for twice as many players as we need. The business plan could look at cost savings and having more players than you need must be something to consider. Our percentage of playing wages to turnover is terrible, can't find the actual figures but they are available somewhere. Probable that a consistent approach to recruiting players would produce considerable savings.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Spot on Deeranged. The variable KO times really does undermine the principle of a ST. Think they should consider playing all games at 3pm on a Sat regardless of whether it is on TV or not. Gives a guarantee to the ST holders which should be the most important consideration for every club.
    Tv won't show live games when there's no audience if the audience is at other games.

Exceptions are obviously made last day of the season.

A permanent ko time for live scottish games would be preferable (5pm or 1pm on a Saturday would be my preferred choice) as season ticket holders would then know what tomes games would be on if moved but tv needs to fill Friday and Sunday schedules and Scottish games seem to get moved around more than most.

You can have mostly 3pm ko's in the Championship but if you want to stay in the big league, you need to accept there is going to be disruption and neither Sky nor BT are going to care. I'm looking forward to the Hibs game much more now it's Friday night and there are probably a lot of guys who would go who couldn't on a Saturday. This is where DFCSS could do something to help the fans they claim to represent - simply collect vouchers from fans in their buckets and anyone who wants one, you can have it. They're good with the old bucket, usually when they want something, mind you

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Tv won't show live games when there's no audience if the audience is at other games.

Exceptions are obviously made last day of the season.

A permanent ko time for live scottish games would be preferable (5pm or 1pm on a Saturday would be my preferred choice) as season ticket holders would then know what tomes games would be on if moved but tv needs to fill Friday and Sunday schedules and Scottish games seem to get moved around more than most.
    Sounds like a plan. Perhaps share the misery and take turns season about. Rugby has built an audience for a Friday night.

Why don’t they look at phasing the OAP ticket out, ie if you have one now you keep it, if you turn 65 this season, tough luck you pay an adult price,

I have a guy works with me, he’s 67, but under the ageism rule he continues to work, he’s a season ticket holder, has been for years, he has an OAP ticket, which he laughs about, he gets the same wage as me, and also his works pension which he is entitled to having paid into for 40 odd years, I don’t know if he gets govt pension yet, but he has more disposable income than myself (good luck to him) but why should he get into the match cheaper than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    So you want the club to lose money because a game has been picked for a subscription service that many people don't have?
    It is called bums on seats.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Why don’t they look at phasing the OAP ticket out, ie if you have one now you keep it, if you turn 65 this season, tough luck you pay an adult price,

I have a guy works with me, he’s 67, but under the ageism rule he continues to work, he’s a season ticket holder, has been for years, he has an OAP ticket, which he laughs about, he gets the same wage as me, and also his works pension which he is entitled to having paid into for 40 odd years, I don’t know if he gets govt pension yet, but he has more disposable income than myself (good luck to him) but why should he get into the match cheaper than me.
    He shudnt but he does.

Which is why I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Little chance of the DSA campaigning for cheaper football at Dens.
    Why Douglas?

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)