+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: DFCSS rears its ugly head again

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    We did lose 6 figures from old firm alone
    Would

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Does someone have the numbers of ST holders for the last 3 years. If we had been on TDB Cobra would have the numbers. Part of the drop will be related to the poor results. I think if we put a wee run together you might find better attendances, but it does need some marketing activity to give lower prices.
    Why wud he have them?

I reckon we have around 1800 full paying adults and the other 1500 or 1600 (non educated guess) is auld people concessions and bairns

I don't think we will get better attendances patg anymore....it will vary by a couple of hundred from game to game but not much more. It's all about season tics.

When was the last time Dundee had a significantly larger than expected home support at Dens?

Wracking my brains but hibs at home midweek when the Italians were here, couple of times during Deefiant, Hamilton and falkirk replay Scottish cup?

You can't expect support to grow based on patg. The fans simply ain't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I thought Hibs were Cat A - apologies I got that wrong. Still way over the top for a Friday night TV game.
    You want the club to lose money because a game has been picked for television?

It’s not about the game being on tv, Scottish football as a product is keache, fans that are prepared to travel shouldn’t be ripped of just because they come in bigger numbers, I remember hibs hiked the price during the bonnetti era

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    It’s not about the game being on tv, Scottish football as a product is keache, fans that are prepared to travel shouldn’t be ripped of just because they come in bigger numbers, I remember hibs hiked the price during the bonnetti era
    Old firm and their fans shud be ripped off at every turn, I'd have them pay an exit as well as entry fee.

Ruined Scottish football for decades.

And it isnae much travelling to Dens from lochee.

If we have to listen to their *******s they have to pay.

I think we shud doing everything to make fitba cheaper for those home fans that go to Dens....that should be the priority.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    There were lots of things they could do, as shareholders and board members. They could have, for example, raised money to plug funding shortfalls, they could have, for example, shouted about the situation if it was that bad. They could’ve , for example, objected to the spending on players far in advance of admin.

What’s odd in all this for me is that all hindsight financial experts at dfcss said they would never let it happen again that we were dependent on goodwill if a single owner to pay the bills.

What’s different about today ?
    Hi hmac,
    As you well know hindsight is a wonderful thing but you should remember that everybody from the Dundee Football Club board of directors downwards were ‘hell bent’ on getting promotion to the Premier League come what may.
    What do you think would have happened if the two DFCSS representatives on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited had objected to the ‘out of control’ spending on players well in advance of Admin 2 in October 2010.
    Their life would not have been worth living and they would have received the blame for the Club remaining stuck in the Championship or lower.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I’d like to see fans groups like DFCSS, DSA and other clubs supporters association’s start a campaign for cheaper football for away fans like they have in England, £20 plenty in my opinion
    Little chance of the DSA campaigning for cheaper football at Dens.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    You want the club to lose money because a game has been picked for television?
    When live televised football matches were first broadcast in Scotland the home team received £250,000 per game to offset the loss of income from PATG.
    This was a sensible solution but that has now changed and the TV money for live games is now distributed based on the club’s position in the League at the end of each season.

In my opinion the admission prices should be reduced when a home game at Dens is televised live on TV for both home and away supporters.
    However the season ticket holders will no doubt complain that they are being short changed on their season ticket.
    I previously posted a suggestion on one of the forums but it fell on deaf ears.
    The club should reduce the PATG prices by £10 for all adult categories every time a home game at Dens is televised live on TV.
    If there are 6 home games at Dens televised live in a season then season ticket holders would receive a £60 (6x £10) when they renewed their season tickets before the start of the following season.
    What do other posters think and hopefully someone from the club is reading the posts on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    When live televised football matches were first broadcast in Scotland the home team received £250,000 per game to offset the loss of income from PATG.
    This was a sensible solution but that has now changed and the TV money for live games is now distributed based on the club’s position in the League at the end of each season.
    So you want the club to lose money because a game has been picked for a subscription service that many people don't have?

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)