+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DFCSS rears its ugly head again

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I know that's baiting me but I'll bite.

The subsidising of auld adults is fricking madness in this day and age.

For me to renew it has to be a radical reduction to try and get more people in too improve the atmosphere.....sick of subsidising auld folk and paying over the odds to sit in a ****e atmosphere.

I really don't see it being that difficult for the club to strike a balance to maximise people in the ground whilst trying to bring in the same level of income.....there must be a figure.

Other thing and it's a bit random and jiggery pokery but....what about a season ticket that's a bit dearer say 300 (if you went to every game)but you pay as you go, say monthly in advance but you only pay for what you use. So you pay say £30 a month in June, you get to see 2 home games in July, pay £30 in July get to see 2 home games in August.

Ie it's like a patg but you could call it a members ticket or some ****e like that but it keeps the cost for the home fan down whilst still charging away fans (especially the old firm) full whack and obviously our own pay on the day fans wud still have to pay full whack to comply with the law.
    I do not know why the club do not charge different prices for different stands in Dens Park. In my opinion the price for a season ticket sitting in the South Enclosure should be lower than the Main Stand .
    Different PATG prices could be charged for different stands n the home sections of Dens which would allow reduced prices for Dundee supporters at all ticket games compared to the prices charged for Away supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    It is called bums on seats.
    It's called LaLa Land.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    DFCSS paid 4 grand for a set of accounts they discussed for a minute at their AGM, probably where islay gets his thinking from
    Hi Taintedice,
    I am interested to know where you got the £4,000 figure from because that is not the figure I saw in the latest set of accounts which were distributed to the members at the DFCSS AGM last month.

[QUOTE=jdfc;39145040]Why don’t they look at phasing the OAP ticket out, ie if you have one now you keep it, if you turn 65 this season, tough luck you pay an adult price,

I have a guy works with me, he’s 67, but under the ageism rule he continues to work, he’s a season ticket holder, has been for years, he has an OAP ticket, which he laughs about, he gets the same wage as me, and also his works pension which he is entitled to having paid into for 40 odd years, I don’t know if he gets govt pension yet, but he has more disposable income than myself (good luck to him) but why should he get into the match cheaper than me.[/QUOTE
    Your fellow worker will be getting clobbered for tax as his works pension will be classed as unearned income and if he is getting his state pension he will be paying tax on that as well.
    He may have deferred on his state pension.

I do not know why the club do not charge different prices for different stands in Dens Park. In my opinion the price for a season ticket sitting in the South Enclosure should be lower than the Main Stand .
    Different PATG prices could be charged for different stands n the home sections of Dens which would allow reduced prices for Dundee supporters at all ticket games compared to the prices charged for Away supporters.
    Derry shud be far cheaper. Good idea.

Hi Taintedice,
    I am interested to know where you got the £4,000 figure from because that is not the figure I saw in the latest set of accounts which were distributed to the members at the DFCSS AGM last month.
    Regardless of the cost Islay what will actually have been paid for will have been the legally required audit of the accounts (bloody FCA) and not a 'set of accounts' which will, of course, have been prepared FOC by the society's accountant.

But hey, when people have agendas they'll pretty much misrepresent anything they can I suppose. Fortunately the vast majority of us on here are too intelligent to accept that kind of nonsense and you're absolutely right to question this fabrication. I don't think you'll get an answer of course.

[QUOTE=islaydarkblue;39145082]
    Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Why don’t they look at phasing the OAP ticket out, ie if you have one now you keep it, if you turn 65 this season, tough luck you pay an adult price,

I have a guy works with me, he’s 67, but under the ageism rule he continues to work, he’s a season ticket holder, has been for years, he has an OAP ticket, which he laughs about, he gets the same wage as me, and also his works pension which he is entitled to having paid into for 40 odd years, I don’t know if he gets govt pension yet, but he has more disposable income than myself (good luck to him) but why should he get into the match cheaper than me.[/QUOTE
    Your fellow worker will be getting clobbered for tax as his works pension will be classed as unearned income and if he is getting his state pension he will be paying tax on that as well.
    He may have deferred on his state pension.
    He will be getting taxed at his marginal rate will he not?

Quote Originally Posted by speroni View Post
    Why Douglas?
    Because a certain ‘leading light’ in the DSA is well in with JN.
    The person posted on Pravda that my post stating Steve Martin was a former partner of FPS was wrong. He posted that Steve Martin was not a member of FPS and he had never been a partner in FPS.
    When I posted proving that Steve Marin had been a member of FPS he never apologised. He just stopped posting on that topic.

I'm sure you can do a bit more sleuthing than that

Deeranged continuing to passively aggress, poor kid is shell-shocked

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)