+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Billy Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    wasn't it rumoured we had a chance but turned it down because of wages.

in a recent interview Tony Stewart said most the players are on 600k a year rough 6k a week (minus a few hundred quid)

quick question.

would you rather have Smith and Procter on a combined 11-12k a week or sharpe on 10??

quite a few people on here was saying he was past will only get a season or 2 out of him.

id rather get 2 seasons at 20 plus goals than 4 seasons at 8 and below goal ratio.
    6k a week isn't 600k a year

in a recent interview Tony Stewart said most the players are on 600k a year rough 6k a week (minus a few hundred quid)
    quick question.
    would you rather have Smith and Procter on a combined 11-12k a week or sharpe on 10??
    quite a few people on here was saying he was past will only get a season or 2 out of him.
    id rather get 2 seasons at 20 plus goals than 4 seasons at 8 and below goal ratio.
    I would rather have Billy Sharp.
    He was quoted as saying “ I want to stay at the Blades and fight for a starting place. “ That quote was after Sheffield United finally won promotion back to the Championship.
    Problem with rumours is that they’re ‘ hearsay ‘

quick question.

wasnt it you booth who posted it on here? or is my old age mind playing tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Shows you what you can do if you get players into the opposition penalty area instead of sitting back playing 4-5-1 or picking 4 centrebacks
    Yeah, and if you’re Aston fckin Villa

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    wasnt it you booth who posted it on here? or is my old age mind playing tricks?
    I put a post up about get him signed but I didn't say that we had turned him down due to wages

it was pre season just gone

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    6k a week isn't 600k a year

it was 300k a year average wage which is 5 half grand a week still in the 11k plus bracket

quick question.

I hear what you are saying but Sharpe would get that many playing for us, unless he could beat 4 players and round the goalie.

Incidentally, a blades fan at my gym said he past it and too slow before the season started, he said we should sign him on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Sharp is scoring because the Blades play a system that suits him down to the ground.
    Spot on.

I’ll not comment on ours seeing that I’ve said it over and over 😉

top scorer in the championship.

makes 10 grand a week look cheap??
    Is that how he managed to get an extra letter in his name? 😉

it was 300k a year average wage which is 5 half grand a week still in the 11k plus bracket
    What sense does this make?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast