Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: St Mirren TV

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Paphos, Cyprus
    Posts
    177

    St Mirren TV

    Will try to watch the game today on St Mirren Tv, it will be interesting to compare the offerings of arabzone. The website says the service is provided by students, so lets give it a chance.

  2. #2
    I thought it was only league games that clubs could stream?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Paphos, Cyprus
    Posts
    177
    Maybe I should have checked first, does anyone have any feeds etc that will work.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    491
    Its being streamed gfp 6.909 euros

  5. #5
    According to their website its being streamed, 6.99 euros but might get it free on my IPTV

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Paphos, Cyprus
    Posts
    177
    Thanks may log on later, which streams do you use please.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    491
    mate texted me to say he is watching st mirren tv now in holland so its working! warm ups probably not most exciting part though

  8. #8
    It's working alright, got it for free tae!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Paphos, Cyprus
    Posts
    177
    Yes, got it fine and I would have to say, well done the buddies. Much better picture, stream and hate to say it even commentary, and cheaper too.

    Come on United heres something else to chase.

    Being exiled I would happily pay €15 per match and I am sure most overseas would, so maybe a better budget to work with.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Yes, got it fine and I would have to say, well done the buddies. Much better picture, stream and hate to say it even commentary, and cheaper too.

    Come on United heres something else to chase.

    Being exiled I would happily pay €15 per match and I am sure most overseas would, so maybe a better budget to work with.
    Just asked you on other thread - great stuff we need to sort ours out then

  11. #11
    Was decent, good replays, camera angles etc. Shame about the commentary though ;-)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Paphos, Cyprus
    Posts
    177
    The commentary was typically biased just the way we would want United to commentate, but the techy side was light years ahead of ours, and run by students....

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    491
    we should as a club actually take to them. Maybe they can do ours as well or get abertay?? outsource it and the whole team

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    The commentary was typically biased just the way we would want United to commentate, but the techy side was light years ahead of ours, and run by students....
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    we should as a club actually take to them. Maybe they can do ours as well or get abertay?? outsource it and the whole team
    Agree

  15. #15
    Worth noting that a couple of universities over there do TV production as a degree (think it's connected to the BBC), so the students probably have considerable expertise.

    Still, our media offering is miles away from what it should be. I get the impression the current set-up was started when digital media wasn't a big factor in the running of a football club, so they just let volunteers takeover that side of things.

    Needs overhauled now though, hopefully the new owners get it sorted.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •