+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The striker we might need...

The striker we might need...

Joe Mason - the one who scored 2 or 3 against us a few years back for Bolton - released by Wolves and on a free transfer - go get him PW - a decent player and he can score!

Strange time of the season to release a player isn’t it?

Was he on the transfer list in the window, we’re there any offers and if not why not?

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Strange time of the season to release a player isn’t it?

Was he on the transfer list in the window, we’re there any offers and if not why not?
    Local media in Plymouth are saying that Plymouth Argyle want to sign him (he's from that area) but don't have the funds.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Local media in Plymouth are saying that Plymouth Argyle want to sign him (he's from that area) but don't have the funds.
    That's us out of the picture then.

I thought if they’d released him at this time of year he must have a club lined up.
    One way to get around the transfer window rules I suppose.

Not sure to be honest. He bagged a hat trick for Bolton against us in a 3-2 defeat away the last time we were at this level. Good age, and has an eye for goal - what have we got to lose?

I thought the football authorities stopped that trick otherwise clubs could sign free transfers all season long.
    I, m sure a club has to release the player from his contract during the window.

Sawmiller, I could score a hat trick against our defence but you wouldn't want to sign me...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Sawmiller, I could score a hat trick against our defence but you wouldn't want to sign me...

oh, I don't know Roly - I once netted 4 goals in a game - both of us on a pay per play basis lol !

Looks like he was released in the transfer window so he could sign for someone.
    Might be a bad omen but I'm sure that's what happened with Blackstock. Forest released him on the last day of the transfer window and he unfortunately signed for us a few days after it shut

His career seems to have taken a downturn recently though.

Need to get someone in quick. Can't wait for someone to get fit and match sharp for three or four weeks....the season will have passed us by
    Last edited by flourbasher; 09-02-2019 at 09:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast