+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Wigan Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Huffing and puffing but not blowing any houses down or to mix a metaphor pulling any trees up. Another game where 3 points seemed within our grasp but slipped away. Still out of the bottom three though for now.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 09-02-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Until we can improve our finishing chances ratio we will struggle - too many winnable games passing us by?

Hope not

Get Joe Mason in please

Definitely another two points dropped ... a goalscorer is a must.

It's not looking good. The occasional draw isn't good enough to keep us in the Championship.

Possibly the worst side we have played so far, both their full backs were pants.

But good god we are a poor side, all effort and zero quality, really Shyte today

"that miss"

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    Definitely another two points dropped ... a goalscorer is a must.

It's not looking good. The occasional draw isn't good enough to keep us in the Championship.
    55% possession, 12 corners, 17 shots ...good, but now here comes the bad news... only 5 shots on target, only one goal. :

The latter two statistics never seem to improve, no matter how poor the opposition are. Even in the warm-ups, the players nonchalantly keep blasting the ball high or wide, and poor old Rodak doesn't get much of a pre-match net practice because he never has much to save!

Warney seems oblivious to those facts, and seemed more disappointed that we failed to sign some inexperienced winger on transfer deadline day than a proper goalscorer, even though he knew that Proctor (definitely) and probably Vassell too, were burgered. Negative tactics don't help. Should have been fairly easy for us to stay up this time around, but...
    Update - Warney has just been on Radio DeeDah - quote "I'm not really a stat-man"!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 09-02-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Smith seems to be turning into a disinterested mardy git, I wish he’d get his mojo back!

Two points thrown away against a very poor team and both refs were crap the one on the pitch and Paul Cook!

Final point. Judging on what I saw today I’m glad we didn’t sign Leon Clark!

Same old same old. Abysmal finishing, comical defending. Can't see us avoiding the drop now if I am brutally honest.

Smith can’t score.
    Ref was crap.
    Home support noise again rubbish.
    We are in trouble.

I’m in agreement patty. Looking at the March/April fixtures it looks like it’s going to be very tough task.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast