+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Smith can’t score.
    Ref was crap.
    Home support noise again rubbish.
    We are in trouble.
    Agree with all 4 points...Linos were poor also

Referee was shocking! He didn't cost us the game or maybe he did but for crying out loud he was sub standard!

Why would Warne think that putting Towell on for Crooks would improve us? Anything that was good involved Crooks. He even gaveus someone int box when Smith was ont wing with the ball.

It was horrible to watch today although at times we played some half decent stuff. I think that the frustration may have got the better of me.

Our wingers in the first half had so much time and space but the crossing was woeful! The second half they dissapeared and even when Newell came on he wasn't showing. I credit Wigan for that!

Bloody long ball is shocking when the oposition is so bad! Stupid long balls from panicking players is wrong at this level. 10 corners or more today but not one was really put into the right area. the bad thing about it is that most teams now will leave at least 2 up to counter our size and number in the box.

Jeeeeees I'm annoyed! Shyte day and it could easily have been so much better!

Warney will be happy with that point which winds me up, he’s an idiot.

Taking Crooks off was a big mistake Froggy but what do we know, Warney is the manager

Ref was a disgrace

I’m starting to fall out with Smith.

Forde MOTM

Hope their player is alright.

pissed off to the max .

You cant really blame the officials for "17 shots, only 5 on target" though, gm_gm... or similar shot accuracy levels for the whole season so far, like at Ipswich, for example.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 09-02-2019 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    You cant really blame the officials for "17 shots, only 5 on target" though, gm_gm... or similar shot accuracy levels for the whole season so far
    No ones blaming Ref but he was a disgrace to the profession

I think today’s match demonstrated the importance of signing some new blood in the transfer window.

Make no mistake Wigan were the worst team we’ve had at the NYS this season, they were there for the taking.

We looked jaded and slow to react, we misplaced passes, we had no spark, no creativity and there was nobody on the pitch or on the subs bench to change that.

We’ve got one plan, plan A, we play the same formation home or away, we are predictable. Yes we get corners, free kicks and long throws, but basically all of them are hopeful lump it into the box attempts.

Watching Rotherham is like having beans on toast for tea every day, every week, every month.

One up front,useless tactics to win a game feel sorry for Smudge he has carried the burden all season ,game there for the taking why can't we be more adventurous,tactics all wrong again on home soil.They were rubbish joined by the incompetent plonker with the whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I think today’s match demonstrated the importance of signing some new blood in the transfer window.

Make no mistake Wigan were the worst team we’ve had at the NYS this season, they were there for the taking.

We looked jaded and slow to react, we misplaced passes, we had no spark, no creativity and there was nobody on the pitch or on the subs bench to change that.

We’ve got one plan, plan A, we play the same formation home or away, we are predictable. Yes we get corners, free kicks and long throws, but basically all of them are hopeful lump it into the box attempts.

Watching Rotherham is like having beans on toast for tea every day, every week, every month.

Let's hope the Bundesliga player on trial is not called Heinz

Ref was poor but didn't stop us winning the game our poor finishing saw to that. We have to do better from the amount of corners and virtual corners we had from Vaulks's long throws. If you add Vaulks's throws on to the corners we must have had the equivalent of about 30 corners.

The miss by Smithy was pretty shocking. We are crying out for a fox in the box.Lets hope we can get this German lad but I won't believe it till it gets over Values line. Even if we do, he wont play till he is up to Warne's
    fitness standards then he will get crocked.

As for their goal, why can't we hold on to a lead for more than 5 minutes. Why do we nod off when we score? We just can't take any sort of pressure without cracking. I said to the Mrs it is pointless celebrating our goals because you know they will be cancelled out within minutes by sloppy defending.

Will we stay up? Until we start picking up some wins from somewhere we have not much chance and Wigan were there for the taking today we have a lot tougher teams to face.

We have the pigsters next week who always have a good a good record at Rotherham no matter how shi te they are so I wouldn't gamble on 3 points there.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 09-02-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    You cant really blame the officials for "17 shots, only 5 on target" though, gm_gm... or similar shot accuracy levels for the whole season so far, like at Ipswich, for example.
    Not blaming the ref for the attempts Mike, that was what we already know just poor quality....I thought we had two good shouts for pens

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast