+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shooting in the pre match warm ups...

Shooting in the pre match warm ups...

I sit behind where our players shoot and it is pretty shocking the lack of times we hit the back of the net. Why is our shooting not being monitored by the coaching team, they really might as well not bother having shooting practise some of them because this sloppiness is just reflected on the pitch. I hope in training someone is monitoring our shooting at least and start putting boots up back sides for sloppy shooting.

I think they just run up molehills and head tennis in training

Tbf the head tennis isn’t bad

It's not surprising that when we practice poor shooting in the warm up we then perfect the poor shooting during the actual match

Last season I used to watch the shooting warm up and stick a bet on first/last goal scorer which earned me a few quid.
    Watched it 3/4 times this season and not bothered

Smithy is the main culprit but we should be getting more goals from other areas of the pitch particularly our wingers and other midfielders. Only Vaulks can say he has contributed a decent amount from midfield.

The problem with our 4-5-1 formation is that none of our midfielders bomb on to support Smudge when we get into decent positions.
    Brentford provided perfect examples of how to do this with 3/4 of them swarming into the box.
    None of our players demonstrate any real burst of speed so the opposition always seem to regroup and shut down the threat.

Towell was meant to be prolific in and around the pen area but I've never seen this

I noticed Crookes was pushing up a bit today but kept getting off side. Towell showed a great eye for goal in the Irish league ghosting in from nowhere and yes I know it was the Irish league but if you have that goal scorers instinct you would think he would still have it to some degree in the championship. Maybe Warney has given him the wrong role to play.

Spoke to Warney and he’s says were “dog sh it”

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Spoke to Warney and he’s says were “dog sh it”
    But dog sh1t with a heart

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    But dog sh1t with a heart
    And, with humanity that doesn’t stink