+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haw Griff

Haw Griff

Sorry but you wont get much of a welcome 'over there' I'm afraid,all that most of them care about is the three Nottinghamshire teams,the fact that Carlisle are where we would like to be doesn't help,it can get a bit toxic on there at times,I rarely post myself unless it's about Notts

Aye, no sense of humour at all. I may have to tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Sorry but you wont get much of a welcome 'over there' I'm afraid,all that most of them care about is the three Nottinghamshire teams,the fact that Carlisle are where we would like to be doesn't help,it can get a bit toxic on there at times,I rarely post myself unless it's about Notts
    Some of them have been decent with me on there Chalky, even though Im a Barnsley fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Some of them have been decent with me on there Chalky, even though Im a Barnsley fan.
    There are serious professional moaners on there Acido and some just plain nasty ones as well

There are serious professional moaners on there Acido and some just plain nasty ones as well
    Swalepie the mod is ok, the one with the grinning collie dog as an avatar.

Hi Coco. We are not all insular moaners and I for one don't mind us doing some favours for Griff if it means keeping our
    League status in the process. Only hope that Carlisle will do us some in return when they play anyone around us who are in the relegation dogfight. Obviously all bets off when we come up to your place on 12/03.

Last time I was in Carlisle in Dec 2015 it was like a war zone on Warwick Road and I recall visiting a municipal golf course within a stone's throw of the football ground to consider an insurance claim there for the flooding. I hope Griff that things have returned to some normality for your fair town in the meantime. About two weeks after Cumbria was hit we were battered in the north east of Scotland with places like Ballater, Inverurie (2 miles up the road from me) and Ellon suffering badly from flooding. Would not wish it on my worst enemy.

I support Notts KM and have held a season ticket for the Pavis since Z block got moved to the Kop (I'm getting on a bit now)
    I used to love going onto Notts mad years ago but now I usually just limit myself to viewing the posts rather than participate in giving views on subjects because of all of the nastiness on there now,when the previous mods give up trying and chucked it in it just proved that it hasn't changed much over the years,no wonder outsiders rarely post on there
    Anyway that's my moaning done,you ready for Saturday? I've been disappointed so many times over the past few seasons when we've played the Stags but after our last two performances against in form sides I'm looking forward to the game this time
    Last edited by cocopops61; 11-02-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Aye Coco less than two weeks ago I was anticpating being on the wrong end of a battering from our friends up the A60 but now think that we have a team who can at least compete with them. A draw would be no bad result and that would give us 5 points in our last three games v Imps, FGR and the Stags which is 5 more than I was expecting. I don't think Notts Mad is quite as bad as it was even a few months ago but I guess we have all been chastened by this nightmare of a season. Anyway I hope to converse with you on our own board and here's hoping for survival in L2 for the Mighty Pies. Good luck to Carlisle for the rest of the season apart from on March 12!

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Hi Coco. We are not all insular moaners and I for one don't mind us doing some favours for Griff if it means keeping our
    League status in the process. Only hope that Carlisle will do us some in return when they play anyone around us who are in the relegation dogfight. Obviously all bets off when we come up to your place on 12/03.

Last time I was in Carlisle in Dec 2015 it was like a war zone on Warwick Road and I recall visiting a municipal golf course within a stone's throw of the football ground to consider an insurance claim there for the flooding. I hope Griff that things have returned to some normality for your fair town in the meantime. About two weeks after Cumbria was hit we were battered in the north east of Scotland with places like Ballater, Inverurie (2 miles up the road from me) and Ellon suffering badly from flooding. Would not wish it on my worst enemy.
    Thanks for that KM. Aye, things are back to normal, whatever that is, but it’s always until the next time, right? Interesting to note that when London was at risk of flooding they got a multi-million pound barrier built. Places that actually flood, and where people die or lose businesses or homes, it’s crumbs from the table. And now it’s billions to be spent on a railway to make is quicker to get from Birmingham to London. Anything else? Oh, wait, a system to move folk more quickly from one side of London to another, again costing billions. And the Scots think THEY have it hard.

End of rant. I really hope that Notts bring off a miracle recovery, just as we did once, and beat the drop. I mean, it’s a guaranteed six points for us next season, right?

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Thanks for that KM. Aye, things are back to normal, whatever that is, but it’s always until the next time, right? Interesting to note that when London was at risk of flooding they got a multi-million pound barrier built. Places that actually flood, and where people die or lose businesses or homes, it’s crumbs from the table. And now it’s billions to be spent on a railway to make is quicker to get from Birmingham to London. Anything else? Oh, wait, a system to move folk more quickly from one side of London to another, again costing billions. And the Scots think THEY have it hard.

End of rant. I really hope that Notts bring off a miracle recovery, just as we did once, and beat the drop. I mean, it’s a guaranteed six points for us next season, right?

Be careful Griff if St. Nicola hears about your views she will be wanting to move the Scottish border further south to win your vote. Her call for Independence for Scotland could soon be one for Independence from London. When Brexit happens Scottish Indy Ref 2 will soon follow and bob's your uncle we in Scotland will be back in the European community soon after.

As for taking 6 points off us next season I am really surprised at you whilst I am hopeful that Notts will still be in L2 won't you lot be swanning about in L1?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)