+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FGR Match Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Kasper started off gingerly with many calling for Hoult to play but he started to come into his own. It's his first taste of league football, let's give him a chance
    What? Don't come on here with your common sense and reason!

We're a League Two club, we shouldn't have to mess around with goalkeepers who have strengths and weaknesses and are learning their trade. We should sign Joe Hart on a gazillion pounds a year. He never makes mistakes.

2 great results,if we can beat or hold Stags next week the confidence will be sky high if not already.
    Isn't it great to have a team of battlers and skill for a change.
    Had to laugh at Ardley when he said Steady didn't know what to do or how to react after the game cos he wasn't used to winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Kasper started off gingerly with many calling for Hoult to play but he started to come into his own. It's his first taste of league football, let's give him a chance
    At least he has a decent defence in front of him. I think in real terms any of our keepers would be ok with that defence and midfield in front of them.

Fitzs confidence must be shot after playing behind our previous shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post
    At least he has a decent defence in front of him. I think in real terms any of our keepers would be ok with that defence and midfield in front of them.

Fitzs confidence must be shot after playing behind our previous shambles.
    Totally agree. I think Fitz actually did well to recover some confidence after being left open to the shooting gallery treatment by our pathetic defence and midfield. Now we have two players in midfield willing to work hard, track runners and take responsibility, two full-backs who actually understand that they're supposed to close down wingers, and two centre-halves who are putting their far more experienced to shame with their athleticism and effort. The goalkeeper is the last line of defence. A lot has to go wrong before they get tested. As a matter of fact, yesterday's goal didn't look to be all Schofield's fault to me. The shot seemed to go straight through the wall.

I don't think any of the 8 new signings should lose their place, they are responsible for the change of mood at the club and the improved performances. Yes, people did have a go at Kasper at first, and if we dropped the new keeper it would damage his confidence. Likewise Gomis, what would be the point of bringing him here from Forest then playing Hemmings and Stead? He gives us pace and options for a pass, stretching play, rather than lumbering around the pitch. All speedy strikers tend to miss a few, Chiedozie scored about 1 in 4 of his chances at best.

So please let's not let the players who took us to the verge of losing our league place creep back in. The 8 should play, plus a reinvented Milsom at left back, and obviously Enzio. That only leaves one place for Stead of Hemmings, and maybe Hemmings should get it. But some goals off the bench are what is normally expected for a sub striker to get back in the team.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 10-02-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I don't think any of the 8 new signings should lose their place, they are responsible for the change of mood at the club and the improved performances. Yes, people did have a go at Kasper at first, and if we dropped the new keeper it would damage his confidence. Likewise Gomis, what would be the point of bringing him here from Forest then playing Hemmings and Stead? He gives us pace and options for a pass, stretching play, rather than lumbering around the pitch. All speedy strikers tend to miss a few, Chiedozie scored about 1 in 4 of his chances at best.

So please let's not let the players who took us to the verge of losing our league place creep back in. The 8 should play, plus a reinvented Milsom at left back, and obviously Enzio. That only leaves one place for Stead of Hemmings, and maybe Hemmings should get it. But some goals off the bench are what is normally expected for a sub striker to get back in the team.
    Even prem. players miss chances, Sterling missed more than he scored a couple of seasons ago but now look at him. It's great to have pace upfront for a change.

Kasper played for Bury previously on loan. He was in goal when Baudet scored the penalty which kept us in the league (in the end it didn’t actually need to go in because of other results) but you get my point

Only the old school "keepers used to catch it with their bare hands in my day" fans disliked Kasper when he first came in and quite a few people thought Hamshaw should have been playing ahead of Craig Westcarr that season too so...

Schofield was told to play as a sweeper keeper and come off his line early for things as Ardley wanted to play a high defensive line and he got caught out by the ball hanging in the wind. Not many keepers are saving that freekick unless they gamble and dive early or leave the other side of the goal completely exposed.

Not many keepers are saving that because it was probably the worst wall Ive ever seen. Nice big gap for him to blast it through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12