+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FGR Match Ratings

FGR Match Ratings

Not done this before (go easy on me guys)

27 Schofield - 7 made the one mistake, other than that fair
    26 Rose - 8 great energy
    6 Barclay - 8 solid
    18 Stubbs - 8.5 Brian would have been proud (and his dad Alan)
    24 Milsom - 8 solid
    21 O'Brien - 9 *M.O.M*
    43 Doyle - 8.5 born leader
    11 Boldewijn - 8.5 getting back to his best
    10 Gomis - 7 very quick, but needs to practice finishing
    28 Mackail-Smith - 8 put a shift in, great movement
    30 Stead - 7 not at his best today

Subs
    15 Hemmings - 8 needs to start in place of Gomis, imo
    4 Hewitt - cameo appearance
    7 Alessandra - cameo appearance

Manager - 9 very confident
    Last edited by macstop; 10-02-2019 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post

26 Rose - 8 great energy
    6 Barclay - 8 solid
    24 Milsom - 8 solid
    21 O'Brien - 9 *M.O.M*

Subs

Looks good to me, but I think I'd drop Stead down to 6. His touch was off all game, and a couple of occasions he played us into trouble.

I'd drop Schofield down to 6 as well. He was at fault for the goal, simple as.

O'Brien is an absolute gem. Quality on the ball, tireless without it, never stops talking. Love the guy. Amazing that we managed to convince someone of his quality to sign up given our position.

I thought Rose was outstanding too. Amazing to think that RB isn't even his position. If O'Brien or Doyle are out, we can shift him into the middle and stick Toots at RB (if he's fit).

Also worth noting that Rose, Doyle and O'Brien are all signed up for next season. That's a solid centre mid whichever division we end up in.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Looks good to me, but I think I'd drop Stead down to 6. His touch was off all game, and a couple of occasions he played us into trouble.

O'Brien is an absolute gem. Quality on the ball, tireless without it, never stops talking. Love the guy. Amazing that we managed to convince someone of his quality to sign up given our position.

I thought Rose was outstanding too. Amazing to think that RB isn't even his position. If O'Brien or Doyle are out, we can shift him into the middle and stick Toots at RB (if he's fit).

Also worth noting that Rose, Doyle and O'Brien are all signed up for next season. That's a solid centre mid whichever division we end up in.

Thanks SP, yes would agree with that.

26 Rose - 8 great energy
    6 Barclay - 8 solid
    24 Milsom - 8 solid
    21 O'Brien - 9 *M.O.M*

Subs

Thanks Mac. Great to see some positive marks back in play. I wasn’t there so can’t really comment other than mention after watching the highlights Alessandra’s cameo included a quite sublime lay off to Enzio for his goal.

Fingers crossed we get the same team performance again next week.

26 Rose - 8 great energy
    6 Barclay - 8 solid
    24 Milsom - 8 solid
    21 O'Brien - 9 *M.O.M*

Subs

Cheers Mac. Must be the most positive markings all season and good to see that everyone contributed and the best team performance of the season? What I like is that we now have good options as inevitably there are going to be injuries and suspensions (5 bookings yesterday to add to the 4? v Lincoln and, no doubt, some more v Stags to follow). As long as one or other of Doyle and O'Brien play every remaining game (preferably both) I think we will be ok. V encouraging but MUST keep to this level of performance to the last second of the final game. Not too much to ask is it.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Cheers Mac. Must be the most positive markings all season and good to see that everyone contributed and the best team performance of the season? What I like is that we now have good options as inevitably there are going to be injuries and suspensions (5 bookings yesterday to add to the 4? v Lincoln and, no doubt, some more v Stags to follow). As long as one or other of Doyle and O'Brien play every remaining game (preferably both) I think we will be ok. V encouraging but MUST keep to this level of performance to the last second of the final game. Not too much to ask is it.
    One obvious sign that the commitment levels are up are the number of fouls we’re making - 16 yesterday, I think, which was more than double the number made by FGR. How many times earlier this season did we stroll through games without making a challenge? Downside is we will definitely pick up a few suspensions (Milsom must be close, having picked up two in the last two games). I also see a red card or two on the horizon (Hemmings made a horrendous tackle late on yesterday that in a more intimidating venue might have seen the ref go for a red instead of yellow).

The key thing is going to be keeping Doyle and O’Brien fit, and seeing how we cope with the run of midweek games starting with Newport (they are also playing this Tuesday). Stead is already struggling with 1 game a week, and I’d like to see Hemmings start instead of him on Saturday.

Most encouraging sign for me yesterday was Hewitt making sure Mitch Rose was OK toward the end when he picked up a knock - some true team spirit, at last. Also great to see two loan players like Barclay and Stubbs so committed to the cause - shades of Ryan Yates last season.

Reading these ratings really warms my heart lately...finally a team of battlers with no shortage of skill or endeavor, if Gomis sharpens up his finishing he looks some prospect.... O'Brien is a complete beast in the middle of the park... How in God's name did Adrley manage to get him here! Also I see Bradford's results have taken a serious turn for the worse since he left... Coincidence?

Wouldn't argue with any of those marks - except maybe Schofield, he lost his bearings badly to give away the free-kick which led to the goal.

It's a truly remarkable transformation after the January transfer window (credit where it is due to the owner and management). If we play even close to that level in the remaining matches there is no way we will get relegated.

You Pies!

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    not been impressed to be honest, I think he's the weakest link, been crying out for a solid experienced keeper all season, maybe the lad will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    not been impressed to be honest, I think he's the weakest link, been crying out for a solid experienced keeper all season, maybe the lad will improve.
    Kasper started off gingerly with many calling for Hoult to play but he started to come into his own. It's his first taste of league football, let's give him a chance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast