+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ipswich vs Derby thread....

Good to see the door still open then for BJ!

Great start.... 1-0 derby, Lawrence the scorer! Let’s get a few and improve our GD!

Well that was ****. FL has to take the blame for that, should've kept continuity in the line up.

****ing awful wasn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    ****ing awful wasn't it
    Dreadful GP...spare a thought for mista and the travelling faithful. Including the journey that’s about ten wasted hours they’ll never get back.
    Having said that, we should have won and at least we’re not Villa and didn’t lose 3-1 at Preston.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Dreadful GP...spare a thought for mista and the travelling faithful. Including the journey that’s about ten wasted hours they’ll never get back.
    Having said that, we should have won and at least we’re not Villa and didn’t lose 3-1 at Preston.

It was absolutely dire, fortunately didn't have a long trek back after the game, but oh dear what a shambles - can't pass, too many clever tricks that don't come off, no movement off the ball, no support for Waghorn until the last 15 mins when we actually looked as if we could score, yes we could have won but it would have been a travesty.

Frankly this team are a shower of ****e, formation, tactics and the casual carelessness in possession is appalling - can't see us getting in the play offs as things stand and frankly don't really want us to.

Having seen and heard various comments on the game on tinterweb I can only say that I disagree with just about everything that has been written/said about this game.

We started well, caused them big problems by putting the ball in behind their defence and they were in tatters. 2 minutes in, a lovely ball from BJ to Bogle who placed an inch perfect cushioned header into the path of Lawrence who slotted it home on the volley. The volley was hit into the ground and the bounce beat the keeper. A miss-hit IMO but they all count. Following their recent run of poor results you could be forgiven for thinking they would cave in. They didn't. Whether it was them getting back to their game plan, the players reacting well to going 1 down so quickly or a mixture of the 2 is irrelevant. There was only 1 side in it after that and it wasn't Derby. Derby stopped putting balls in behind their defence and Ipswich took heart and really got into us. We continued to mark zones, they targetted the man with the ball. Every time they got the ball they had time and space to do something and that was down to us allowing them to show that they can actually play when you let them. Something they also did at the weekend against Norwich so we shouldn't be surprised. Conversely, when we got the ball, it wasn't so much bad passes and poor decision making that was our downfall, although there was some of that as well, IMO our lack of composure and inability to play our football was down to their tactic of pressing, harrying and making life uncomfortable for the man in possession the very second he got the ball. They gave us no time or space to do what we like to do and we had no plan B. That was why we didn't win or the biggest contributor at any rate. They did not allow us to play. Very well done Ipswich. They knew our greatest weakness and exploited it and, over the 90 minutes certainly deserved their draw at the very least.

During half time I had a WhatsApp conversation with my eldest. I wrote "Ipswich doing okay, pressing, harassing and forcing mistakes. They can't keep it up for 90minutes though IMO". I was right. In the last 10 to 15 minutes, mainly down to the 3 subs injecting the sort of pressing on them that they had on us, we got on top and had a few (half) chances to seal the 3 points. Some last ditch blocks, their keeper and the bar kept us at bay and prevented us winning a game we had no right to win.

Early season I was critical of our lightwweight signings. So many tricky, nippy, good footballers but none of them much cop in the physical department. 5 foot 6 and 8 stone dripping wet doesn't cut it against the physical sides whether they are also footballing sides like the DYS or simply tryers like Rotherham or Millwall, we simply do not have enough physical presence against this type of team to do to them what we probably should do. You can add Bolton and Stoke to that list as well. We may beat them on the odd occasion but we cannot handle their physical style of play.

Agaian, very well done Ipswich. Despite the early setback you stuck to the game plan, executed it well and caused us far more bother than we did you.

Finally, a word about the ref. Andy Madley. I have very often been very critical of him. Last night he made the odd mistake but there was no bias to one side or the other which is not something I usually accuse him of. Both he and his brother give the impression of not being pro Derby in any way sape or form. Last night he had a decent game IMO. Personally I wouldn't have booked Waghorn. Apart from that maybe half a dozen errors tops and, as I said, no discernable bias one way or the other. Credit where it's due.

Based on the 90 minutes I can be no other than happy with a point away from home.

The worrying thing for me is that we still have games to coma against 4 or 5 of the more physical sides. I hope we can work out how to nullify their strongarm and sometimes cynical tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    RA What can I say about has bad as it gets To many powder puff players in the team Knock of the ball far to easy No tactics clueless at free kicks out fought for practically every ball Was i surprised definitely not We've been in a false position most of the season thought Tomori and Keogh did well the rest very poor Perhaps you can see why a go on about Lawrence now he gave away 13free kicks many of them in extremely dangerous positions he's a liability He wasn't to worse player that accolade must go to Wilson he was terrible has been last four games Not pleased about Lampard changing the mid field all he's proved is he's more interested in the FA cup than the league Don't know why because they have know chance at Brighton If he plays Huddleston instead of saving him for Millwall that will surely prove the point Very quiet car driving home last night never mind not winning but don't like it when we don't turn up

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Not pleased about Lampard changing the mid field
    That irked me about the selection, it's understandable to change one person, but to change both the centre pairing is baffling - how can you hope to have any consistency with that sort of change in a core are?

I think he thought it would be too easy - big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    That irked me about the selection, it's understandable to change one person, but to change both the centre pairing is baffling - how can you hope to have any consistency with that sort of change in a core are?

I think he thought it would be too easy - big mistake.
    Adi agree with you I thought the manager the players and fans thought we just had to turn up I appreciate the only way a player can get match fit is to play but only put one in not two This was as easy way of getting there points as we're going to get this season and FL helped blow it with his selection Its not like we're going to win the FA cup so why save players for Brighton not as though we're even likely to give them a game Bet Chris Hughten is rubbing his hands if he watched that performance last night

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)