+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Points required update thread

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    You were right now we are back to 5 points a drift. However I don’t think we should underestimate the quality of Newport. They would be higher in the table if it wasn’t for the cup run they had and have some typically good league two players in the team. They are a good team.

We’ve got 12 games left. We need to win half of these and draw one to get to 47 points to meet old pies target of 1.58 points a game.

This is how I think we need to be doing in each game to reach that goal and stand a chance whilst dragging others into the mix;

Port Vale (H) Win - 31 Pts
    Cheltenham (A) Win - 34 Pts
    Carlisle (A) Lose - 34 Pts
    Morecombe (H) Win - 37 Pts
    Exeter (H) - Lose 37 Pts
    Stevenage (A) Draw 38 Pts
    Northampton (H) Win - 41 Pts
    Crewe (A) Win - 44 Pts
    MK Dons (H) Lose - 44 Pts
    Crawley (A) - Lose - 44 Pts
    Grimsby (H) - Win 47 Pts
    Swindon (A) - Lose - 47 Pts

It’s possible and it’s not over until it’s over. Ideally if we could get another win on top of the six required to get us to 50 points that would make things more comfortable. Let’s not think too much about what went before 1st Feb.
    We have dropped two points today off my intitial target of how to get to 47 points as Old Pies requirements. However Port Vale who are in 22nd are on course to finish on 45 points as it stands.

It’s not over by a long shot, but we can only really afford to lose three more games. It means the two defeats I’d allowed away at Crawley and Swindon now need to become draws due to the two points dropped today.

So here are my revised targets we need to aim for.

Cheltenham (A) Win - 32 Pts
    Carlisle (A) Lose - 32 Pts
    Morecombe (H) Win - 35 Pts
    Exeter (H) - Lose 35 Pts
    Stevenage (A) Draw 36 Pts
    Northampton (H) Win - 39 Pts
    Crewe (A) Win - 42 Pts
    MK Dons (H) Lose - 42 Pts
    Crawley (A) - Draw - 43 Pts
    Grimsby (H) - Win 46 Pts
    Swindon (A) - Draw - 47 Pts

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Don’t think you’re far out with that, I’m not great at predicting but I reckon it could go something like;

Port Vale (H) Win - 31 Pts
    Cheltenham (A) Draw - 32 Pts
    Exeter (H) - Draw 36 Pts
    Stevenage (A) Draw 37 Pts
    Northampton (H) Win - 40 Pts
    Crewe (A) Draw - 41Pts
    MK Dons (H) Draw - 42 Pts
    Crawley (A) - Lose - 42 Pts
    Grimsby (H) - Win - 45 Pts
    Swindon (A) - Draw - 46 Pts

I just want to add that now I’ve done that it feels overly optimistic and i’m not sure we will even get to 40 pts.
    As I suspected, overly optimistic.

We have dropped two points today off my intitial target of how to get to 47 points as Old Pies requirements. However Port Vale who are in 22nd are on course to finish on 45 points as it stands.

It’s not over by a long shot, but we can only really afford to lose three more games. It means the two defeats I’d allowed away at Crawley and Swindon now need to become draws due to the two points dropped today.

So here are my revised targets we need to aim for.

Cheltenham (A) Win - 32 Pts
    Exeter (H) - Lose 35 Pts
    Crewe (A) Win - 42 Pts
    Crawley (A) - Draw - 43 Pts
    Grimsby (H) - Win 46 Pts
    When I started this it was in a moment of optimism. Now all it is doing is confirming our fate. Sorry Mr Swale but the ball has to be kicked towards the goal and we don't seem to be able to do that.

Date Games Left Requirement Pts/Game Target
    31/01/19 17 47 1.53 Morecambe
    02/02/19 16 47 1.56 Morecambe
    12/02/19 15 46 1.40 Morecambe
    16/02/19 14 44 1.14 Yeovil
    19/02/19 13 44 1.23 Yeovil
    23/02/19 12 47 1.58 Port Vale
    02/03/19 11 47 1.64 Port Vale
    09/03/19 10 47 1.80 Yeovil

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    When I started this it was in a moment of optimism. Now all it is doing is confirming our fate. Sorry Mr Swale but the ball has to be kicked towards the goal and we don't seem to be able to do that.

Date Games Left Requirement Pts/Game Target
    31/01/19 17 47 1.53 Morecambe
    02/02/19 16 47 1.56 Morecambe
    12/02/19 15 46 1.40 Morecambe
    16/02/19 14 44 1.14 Yeovil
    19/02/19 13 44 1.23 Yeovil
    23/02/19 12 47 1.58 Port Vale
    02/03/19 11 47 1.64 Port Vale
    09/03/19 10 47 1.80 Yeovil
    Same here. Just looking back even a week or two at this thread as to how optimistic I was. However after watching the game today has meant I now believe our 157 years in the football league seems to be heading for its conclusion.

We have won 6 leagues games all season and have had two good weeks. The week under Kewell where we won three in a row and the week under Ardley where we drew to Lincoln beat Mansfield and FGR.

Just for the sake of it here are my revised targets we need to aim for. We now need to win most of our remaining home games and can only really afford two more defeats following today with 6 wins being required. It’s effectively promotion form. A miracle that is what it would need to be.

P10, W6, D2, L2, Pts 20

Carlisle (A) Lose - 29 Pts
    Morecombe (H) Win - 32 Pts
    Exeter (H) - Win 35 Pts
    Crewe (A) Win - 42 Pts
    Crawley (A) - Win - 43 Pts
    Grimsby (H) - Win 46 Pts

Unfortunately, I think the honest answer to the thread title is 'more than this sack of shyte is capable of'.

Same here. Just looking back even a week or two at this thread as to how optimistic I was. However after watching the game today has meant I now believe our 157 years in the football league seems to be heading for its conclusion.

We have won 6 leagues games all season and have had two good weeks. The week under Kewell where we won three in a row and the week under Ardley where we drew to Lincoln beat Mansfield and FGR.

Just for the sake of it here are my revised targets we need to aim for. We now need to win most of our remaining home games and can only really afford two more defeats following today with 6 wins being required. It’s effectively promotion form. A miracle that is what it would need to be.

P10, W6, D2, L2, Pts 20

Exeter (H) - Win 35 Pts
    Crewe (A) Win - 42 Pts
    Grimsby (H) - Win 46 Pts
    The problem is not the points gap as much as the shambolic performances. Conceded 4 to Newport, conceded 4 today, should've comceded 4 last week.

If we were this far behind and playing well and on a good run of results I'd feel confident.

By the same token if we were 3 points clear of relegation and playing like this I'd still say we were going down.

P10, W6, D2, L2, Pts 20

Exeter (H) - Win 35 Pts
    Crewe (A) Win - 42 Pts
    Grimsby (H) - Win 46 Pts
    60% win rate?

I just don't see that.

Forget it. Port Vale tipped the balance last week, Cheltenham chucked a ton of earth on top of the coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    The problem is not the points gap as much as the shambolic performances. Conceded 4 to Newport, conceded 4 today, should've comceded 4 last week.

If we were this far behind and playing well and on a good run of results I'd feel confident.

By the same token if we were 3 points clear of relegation and playing like this I'd still say we were going down.
    You are absolutely spot on. The performances of the new team against Lincoln, Mansfield and Forest Green Rovers were excellent and really gave hope and optimism that we could get out of this sorry mess.

The Newport game was also a turning point as it was either going to be a blip or a slump back to our old ways. Having now played Port Vale and Cheltenham we are back in a slump.

From what I saw yesterday the performances are just not there neither is the fight the spark or belief. It’s just far to easy for the opposition, we struggle to win 50/50’s and we are not playing effective football.

The Newport game appears to have killed the confidence of this new side and at the minute it’s looking like they will struggle to come back from it baring a footballing miracle.

P10, W6, D2, L2, Pts 20

Exeter (H) - Win 35 Pts
    Crewe (A) Win - 42 Pts
    Grimsby (H) - Win 46 Pts
    Hahahaha!! so a team that has won only 3 in the last 19 suddenly win 6 in 10

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast