+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Points required update thread

Points required update thread

With renewed optimism I'm planning to keep this thread updated with how many points are needed.
    I'm simply taking the 3rd from bottom and projecting their points total based on current points/game then adding 1 point for our poor goal difference and 1 point as a safety margin. I'll update as new games are played by bottom three

Thus:

10/2/2019 - Required 45 which equates to 1.33 points/game (ie win 1 draw 1 lose 1 to end of season)

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    With renewed optimism I'm planning to keep this thread updated with how many points are needed.
    I'm simply taking the 3rd from bottom and projecting their points total based on current points/game then adding 1 point for our poor goal difference and 1 point as a safety margin. I'll update as new games are played by bottom three

Thus:

10/2/2019 - Required 45 which equates to 1.33 points/game (ie win 1 draw 1 lose 1 to end of season)
    As previously mentioned. We just need 1 point more than Macclesfield and Morecambe.

Thus:

Nice idea! Hoping this becomes a marvellous reminder of how close we came rather than a macabre relic for future historians to see where it all went wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    As previously mentioned. We just need 1 point more than Macclesfield and Morecambe.
    I reckon that could end up being 1 point more than Yeovil and Morecambe.

Yeovil have been in free fall since the beginning of November. They've picked up 9 points from their last 16 games. Strangely their only two wins in that period came against Mansfield and Notts.

Thus:

Updated to start with NA's team as at beginning of Feb plus slight change in presentation:

Date "Games Left" Requirement Pts/Game Target
    31/01/19 17 46 1.47 Morecambe
    02/02/19 16 46 1.50 Morecambe
    10/02/19 15 45 1.33 Morecambe

* Any tips on displaying as a neat table?

Updated to start with NA's team as at beginning of Feb plus slight change in presentation:

Date "Games Left" Requirement Pts/Game Target
    31/01/19 17 46 1.47 Morecambe
    02/02/19 16 46 1.50 Morecambe
    10/02/19 15 45 1.33 Morecambe

* Any tips on displaying as a neat table?
    You could make the table in Word or Excel and then screenshot it and post as an image perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    You could make the table in Word or Excel and then screenshot it and post as an image perhaps?
    It is done in Excel (well Calc from LibreOffice actually). You don't think I'm going to do the arithmetic myself do you?
    Just testing the Table attributes! Please ignore any geekiness.

Row 1 Col1 Row 1 Col2
    Data and more data
    Some more data and even more date in a longer cell

Looks good

Yeovil's loss tonight doesn't change the overall picture other than bring them more into the mix. The current status is as follows with the amendment that I've rounded UP rather than just rounded the projections, so another point to find.

Date Games Left Requirement Pts/Game Target
    31/01/19 17 47 1.53 Morecambe
    02/02/19 16 47 1.56 Morecambe
    10/02/19 15 46 1.40 Morecambe

I like it OP. Hopefully will be irrelevant by the end of March.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I like it OP. Hopefully will be irrelevant by the end of March.
    Yep, hopefully it'll be down to "nul points" required by then. We are only going to need good mid-table form to get there.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast