+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Points required update thread

Date Games Left Requirement Pts/Game Target
    31/01/19 17 47 1.53 Morecambe
    02/02/19 16 47 1.56 Morecambe
    12/02/19 15 46 1.40 Morecambe
    16/02/19 14 44 1.14 Yeovil
    19/02/19 13 44 1.23 Yeovil
    Not a lot really changed. Depends whether this was just a blip or the 7 pts out of 9 was a flash in the pan.

7 points in every 4 games will still do nicely. Over to you NA & co.

What this table shows is that there’s no need to panic over one bad result. We are still better off than we were 4 games ago, providing that the requirement figure is correct.

Keep your eye on the Pts/Game figure as the games left runs down. If that goes above 3, we’re stuffed!
    Last edited by 60YearsAPie; 19-02-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    What this table shows is that there’s no need to panic over one bad result. We are still better off than we were 4 games ago, providing that the requirement figure is correct.

Keep your eye on the Pts/Game figure as the games left runs down. If that goes above 3, we’re stuffed!
    Yes I don’t think we have reason to panic. Even 7 points from the last four games see us averaging 1.75 points per game.

Carry on like that and we will finish on 51 points. So basically we can afford to lose 1 in 4. Not insurmountable.

What we have is a chance and we did not have that a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Yes I don’t think we have reason to panic. Even 7 points from the last four games see us averaging 1.75 points per game.

Carry on like that and we will finish on 51 points. So basically we can afford to lose 1 in 4. Not insurmountable.

Agreed, if we can have a record of 6 wins, 4 draws and 3 defeats over the final 13 games (taking us to 50 points), we should be fine. Let’s see how we respond against a playoff-chasing team on Saturday.

Saturday’s big games: Cheltenham v Port Vale; Crawley v Macclesfield; Yeovil v Cambridge and us at Tranmere.
    Last edited by nw6pie; 20-02-2019 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post

I think losing 1-4 at home to a mid-table team is a fairly good reason to panic. Now we know that this team has that kind of performance in them, the question is will we see more of that, or more of the battling, high-energy stuff that got us 7 points in 3 games. If we lose on Saturday, which like it or not is the most likely outcome, and teams around us pick up wins, we're looking screwed again.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Apparently we are predicted to finish bottom!

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/l...able/predicted
    Not just bottom but we are only going to take 4 points from our next 13 games. Really? Even after last night's brutal come down I would have thought that was too pessimistic.

Anyway back to reality and 22nd place after the final ball of this dreadful season has been kicked will do me.

Date Games Left Requirement Pts/Game Target
    31/01/19 17 47 1.53 Morecambe
    02/02/19 16 47 1.56 Morecambe
    12/02/19 15 46 1.40 Morecambe
    16/02/19 14 44 1.14 Yeovil
    19/02/19 13 44 1.23 Yeovil
    23/02/19 12 47 1.58 Port Vale

We're back to worse than when I started this and running out of games.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I think losing 1-4 at home to a mid-table team is a fairly good reason to panic. Now we know that this team has that kind of performance in them, the question is will we see more of that, or more of the battling, high-energy stuff that got us 7 points in 3 games. If we lose on Saturday, which like it or not is the most likely outcome, and teams around us pick up wins, we're looking screwed again.
    I'm betting on seeing more of that first kind of performance, slack. So peed off am I of seeing it and suffering miserable post match blues I'm putting a fiver on the other team winning in each game from now until the end of the season. Win or lose, I'll be happier than I am now.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I'm putting a fiver on the other team winning in each game from now until the end of the season. Win or lose, I'll be happier than I am now.
    Join the club Laxton.

Ever since online betting came into being, experience has taught me that betting on Notts to lose will lead to a profit in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    You were right now we are back to 5 points a drift. However I don’t think we should underestimate the quality of Newport. They would be higher in the table if it wasn’t for the cup run they had and have some typically good league two players in the team. They are a good team.

We’ve got 12 games left. We need to win half of these and draw one to get to 47 points to meet old pies target of 1.58 points a game.

This is how I think we need to be doing in each game to reach that goal and stand a chance whilst dragging others into the mix;

Port Vale (H) Win - 31 Pts
    Cheltenham (A) Win - 34 Pts
    Carlisle (A) Lose - 34 Pts
    Morecombe (H) Win - 37 Pts
    Exeter (H) - Lose 37 Pts
    Stevenage (A) Draw 38 Pts
    Northampton (H) Win - 41 Pts
    Crewe (A) Win - 44 Pts
    MK Dons (H) Lose - 44 Pts
    Crawley (A) - Lose - 44 Pts
    Grimsby (H) - Win 47 Pts
    Swindon (A) - Lose - 47 Pts

It’s possible and it’s not over until it’s over. Ideally if we could get another win on top of the six required to get us to 50 points that would make things more comfortable. Let’s not think too much about what went before 1st Feb.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 24-02-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast