+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're better than Chelsea...

We're better than Chelsea...

...City 4-0 up on 25 mins

This could get embarrassing for Chelsea because City won't let up that's for sure .

We want 8 we want 8....

I still long for the day that I meet a chelsea supporter who was at the games the last time we played them. Six nil at millmoor and four one at stamford bridge. Incredible results. When I mention it to chelsea fans I meet they stare blankly as though they didnt even know we had a football club. Then again, football didnt exist before sky tv, did it!

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    I still long for the day that I meet a chelsea supporter who was at the games the last time we played them. Six nil at millmoor and four one at stamford bridge. Incredible results. When I mention it to chelsea fans I meet they stare blankly as though they didnt even know we had a football club. Then again, football didnt exist before sky tv, did it!
    Was there for both those games. Like it was 2 weeks ago. Wish the away game was on YouTube...

6-0 but Aguero didn't play against us.

Maybe the last time they lost by that amount was against us?

Doesn't count of course because it was pre Abramovic. Their history only stared then

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    6-0 but Aguero didn't play against us.

Maybe the last time they lost by that amount was against us?

Doesn't count of course because it was pre Abramovic. Their history only stared then
    They lost 7-0 at Forest in 1991... but I was at one of their 6-0 defeats

Great statistic Mike but unfortunately that defeat doesn't count because the Russian didn't turn up until 2003

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Great statistic Mike but unfortunately that defeat doesn't count because the Russian didn't turn up until 2003
    You do get the impression flour that a significant proportion of chelsea's fan base do actually think that way. To my shame I only witnessed the home thrashing, I wished I'd seen the away match.

I was only a ****ager for those games and was stood on the Tivoli for the home game.
    I seem to recall that a huge Chelsea fan had got into the main stand and was trying to punch people in the enclosure below that was standing room only at that time.
    He missed with one of his punches and his momentum made him fall out of the main stand onto the terrace below to great cheers from three sides of the ground.
    Chelsea fans left early and congregated outside leading to loads of trouble. Last I saw was the Chelsea fans being chased towards where the town centre

Loyal and I went to the away game. Petrified as to what might happen. There was a rumour that they had painted graffiti outside the away end saying 'Rotherham will die' some weeks before the tie took place
    Last edited by flourbasher; 10-02-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast