+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Wolves v Newcastle Matchday Thread

Wolves v Newcastle Matchday Thread

Match Preview Click Here

Another game in front of the cameras for Wolves tonight. Here's hoping for another good performance and a few goals!

What a waste of time. Well in Newcastle United's case it was, and it came back to bite them in injury time. All through the game they took every opportunity to tick the seconds away. Several times the referee had words with their players to get a move on. On one occasion near the end, the Magpies won a throw-in deep in their own half. No one moved to take the throw and the referee had to approach a player and usher him across. Then as the injury time board went up, they decided to waste more time by making a substitution. The number went up, and guess what, it was the player furthest away from the dugout who won the award for the slowest ever walk across a pitch.

Our winner from Boly was our fifth goal scored this season in injury time, and our four****th scored after the eightieth minute. That has a great deal to say about the clubs fighting spirit and never say die attitude. It must have made the four hour journey back to Tyneside rather bitter. We would have certainly been disappointed should that have happened to us.

Newcastle, I think are in a false position in the League, they were unlucky against Spurs and took three points of Man City recently. With the run of fixtures they have coming up, they should be well capable of pulling away from the relegation zone.

I expected a tough fixture and it turned out to be so. We played some good football at times, but the fast tempo in attack was missing, this in turn allowed the Geordies time to get back and defend in numbers. I spoke with the supporters around me, all knowledgeable folks and we unanimously agreed that if the visitors scored it would be difficult to get one back, and so it proved.

We now have two League games away with our next home game against Cardiff. But in between, we have the small matter of F A Cup match against Bristol City and the chance to progress in this competition. We may never have a better chance of a trip to Wembley so I hope Nuno puts out our strongest eleven. Bristol are on an unbeaten run and will be all out for revenge for last season. Johnson their Manager was on some of the coaching courses that Nuno went to at Largs in Scotland so they know each other well.
    Last edited by abbobrom; 12-02-2019 at 12:25 PM.

my brief take on the match ( watched it on sky )
    neither side deserved to win or lose.
    tbh felt a bit sorry for newc , conceding in the 95min..cos they really needed a win.
    for all wolves possession it looked as if putting the ball in the net was a step too far for them
    some of the passing was great some was awful.
    cav, costa and traore were only so-so when they came on as subs.

anyroad, another point notched up , and a greater reward now awaits at bristol.
    like abbo sez , hope nuno puts out the best avail team and give it all

I think a draw on the night was just about right. Wolves and especially Jota looked lively first half, but were restricted to shooting high and over the bar. From the opposite end of the ground it looked as if Jiminez had been fouled just as he was about to shoot, but the Newcastle defender got his timing right.

I can't say i was happy with the manner we conceded, i'm always critical of a keeper when he's beaten at his near post, but his mistakes are rare. Dendoncker's header was probably our best chance of the second half before the Boly equaliser in stoppage in injury time. There was also the chance to equalise with Doherty, but he was lucky not to have had damage caused to his head by the Newcastle defender. I was expecting the ref to disallow Boly's equaliser as keeper's are often protected if there's the slightest of contact, but i'm glad it counted.

I don't think Wolves's passing game was as good as we have seen in many games this season, but to be on 39 points at this stage of the season is good.

Personally, I wouldn't shed any tears if Newcastle were relegated - I'm fed up with hearing whingeing noises coming out of the little fat Spanish waiter's mouth - don't think its likely to happen though.

About three years ago I was attending an athletics meeting at Gateshead Stadium. All the officials were staying in a large Hotel in Newcastle. In the breakfast queue at about 7.30 in the morning I heard a Spanish accent, on turning around, stood next to me was Mr Benitez. Even at that time in the morning, he was in his suit and waistcoat, he looked like the Hotel Manager. Apparently he has a suite on the top floor.

Enjoy!

Nearly a week gone by and Rafa is still claiming that the equaliser should not have been allowed. Sure you can see photographs with Bolys hands on the keepers shoulders, but the ball has already been headed then and is on the way into the net. Their keeper did not go chasing after the referee to protest.

The record books will forever show the score as 1-1, so the Spanish waiter is just wasting his breath, it ain't gonna change!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)