+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Second free agent

Second free agent

Warne - "There is a potential for another free agent but there is a character wobble there so that is the hard decision to make," said the boss who takes his Championship side to Hull City tomorrow

"If his character is not right but he is a good player do I risk it for three months to the end of the season or do I keep the status quo?"

Yeh, keep it the same and take us down. For crying out loud man listen to your own words! So what if he's had a chequered past, if he is a GOOD PLAYER then bloody well sign him for 3 months to the end of the season, what's to lose? We've NOTHING up front and yet you still question this players past....geez...give me bleeding strength!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Warne - "There is a potential for another free agent but there is a character wobble there so that is the hard decision to make," said the boss who takes his Championship side to Hull City tomorrow

"If his character is not right but he is a good player do I risk it for three months to the end of the season or do I keep the status quo?"

Yeh, keep it the same and take us down. For crying out loud man listen to your own words! So what if he's had a chequered past, if he is a GOOD PLAYER then bloody well sign him for 3 months to the end of the season, what's to lose? We've NOTHING up front and yet you still question this players past....geez...give me bleeding strength!!

Warne's touchy feely snowflake style of management is getting tedious.

If you look at some "flawed diamonds" from the past. George Best, Paul Gascoigne, Denis Law, just to name a few. All would fall at the first hurdle with Warne's human being test.

Man management is a tough skill but Warne needs to learn that skill or go back to being a less stressful fitness coach.

As a selfish supporters view, He needs to ask himself. Do we have a better chance of staying up with this player in the squad and chat to the senior pros for guidance... Tricky one really as it goes against everything he's instilled in the players.

I get the feeling he hasn't got the balls to deal with any confrontation in the side, hence his 'he's a nice person' approach to bringing players in.

At this time now, we need a rough and tumble player who can score for us. Living in a rose tinted glass world ain't going to cut it for us.

The quote from Warne is appalling ...." a character wobble".....

Just imagine if the player does sign for us.....how would that player feel now that Warne has publicly questioned his character?

He will then be under intense scrutiny from everyone and the pressure will be immense.

However, this is just another bulls hit story to appease the fans who got nothing in the transfer window. There is no player and no "character wobble". Warne and the club want to project the idea that we won't sign just anyone.

Which is true....though it's not because of character wobbles it's because we are going to try and stay up on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Warne's touchy feely snowflake style of management is getting tedious.

If you look at some "flawed diamonds" from the past. George Best, Paul Gascoigne, Denis Law, just to name a few. All would fall at the first hurdle with Warne's human being test.

Man management is a tough skill but Warne needs to learn that skill or go back to being a less stressful fitness coach.
    Denis Law? How was he flawed?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

All other considerations aside, that is a crazy comment to make and should have remained strictly confidential. You do not question the character of a potential signing EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    All other considerations aside, that is a crazy comment to make and should have remained strictly confidential. You do not question the character of a potential signing EVER.
    I agree. If it's some criminality issue, don't sign him. If its just general indiscipline - well, it's only for three months , and if the player does not perform as required on or off the pitch, let him go in the summer. Silly to make those comments in public and at the rate we are going the season will be over by the time we sign anyone anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Denis Law? How was he flawed?
    Argued with managers and coaches.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast